Sons' sorrow

A very Merry Christmas to all my fellow Sons fans, especially those who, like me, can remember the days when Christmas wasn't even a public holiday in Scotland. We are in that select band who have seen our team play on December 25 and Jan 1st.

I remember as a wee boy being taken (dragged) to Love Street to watch St Mirren v Sons on Christmas day. Can't remember the score but Roy McCormack scored a belter. Guy next to me got hit by a bottle. Happy days.

Happy Christmas y'all.

Merry Christmas to all Sons fans, at home, or in exile.

My Christmas wish is to see out this season in eighth position or better. If we can achieve that, I'll be a very happy Sons fan.

Cheers everybody.

From the bits I heard it was mainly about Rangers and the absurd amount of money they have paid to diddies over the years. Dumbarton got mentions in passing.

So no mention of Murray's share of the EBT con, then?

I remember as a wee boy being taken (dragged) to Love Street to watch St Mirren v Sons on Christmas day. Can't remember the score but Roy McCormack scored a belter. Guy next to me got hit by a bottle. Happy days.

Happy Christmas y'all.

It was 2-2. Christmas day 1971.

Happy Christmas y'all.

Best goal I've ever seen a Sons player score - perhaps any player.

Christmas Day 1965 - Cowdenbeath 1 v 2 Dumbarton (Tommy Reynolds, Jim Lynas). An omen or what ;). Can remember the score being read out in Sports Report, broadcast at 5.00pm on the Home Service. ( For younger readers, the mid-sixties equivalent of Radio 5 Live!)

Edited by Deputy Keeper

Judging by this it doesn't look as if we'll be keeping Keiran MacDonald, shame as I thought he was pretty decent in his (slightly limited) game time.

https://twitter.com/MacDonaldKieran/status/548890234193448960

Most important thing is extending Danny Rogers deal before Ibrox. Best 'keeper we've had in years.

Happy Christmas y'all.

I must have been standing next to you as a bottle bounced off my shoulder.

Mcdougall off to Clyde at the start of January and, if my internal source is to be believed, two other Sons will make the move to Broadwood.

He's too good for League 2.

Any news on the clipboard?

I hear that Ian Murray celebrated long into the night following Saturday's result. He was apparently quite pleased at our victory too.