Sons' sorrow

Found this today,the perils of changing owners ,and selling and leasing back stadium from the council.

Not saying this will happen BUT, read all the articles about it.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/11657806.Herefordshire_Council_says_United_s_ban_from_football_does_not_trigger_termination_of_ground_leases/?ref=mr

Was this asked at the meeting about the possibility of the council owning the new stadium.

It doesn't make good reading

Found this today,the perils of changing owners ,and selling and leasing back stadium from the council.

Not saying this will happen BUT, read all the articles about it.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/11657806.Herefordshire_Council_says_United_s_ban_from_football_does_not_trigger_termination_of_ground_leases/?ref=mr

Was this asked at the meeting about the possibility of the council owning the new stadium.

It doesn't make good reading

The council won't own the stadium.

The nick of Youngs Farm this evening.

1 in 200 flood risk dont you know...

Flooding isnt the main issue with the site. Trying to drain the land with a high leven is. The drainage on that land is really poor. The burns overflowing arent the problem so much as draining waterlogged ground.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

1 in 200 flood risk dont you know...

Flooding isnt the main issue with the site. Trying to drain the land with a high leven is. The drainage on that land is really poor. The burns overflowing arent the problem so much as draining waterlogged ground.

Given that Boghead was built on a swamp and our current ground is built on reclaimed land a mere flood plain should be nothing.

I read something earlier about St. Mirren not being willing to pay compensation for a new manager.

I've already discounted Ian Murray in connection with any Premier job as he is not yet ready for that league. However, this very morning an opportunity may have presented itself for him and Dunfermline Athletic.

Yes, they are in the the third tier, but would expect to come up; they are a bigger club than Sons with a bigger support and arguably more potential. They are also only 20 mins from his house. Buy when stocks are low they say, so if he could turn the Pars into something of a force again it would effectively complete his lower division apprenticeship.

The key question might be what is their current financial situation - could they afford compo, for example - but this one might be worth the watching. The Livvy job I would discount as that club is just so much of a basket case at present.

I've already discounted Ian Murray in connection with any Premier job as he is not yet ready for that league. However, this very morning an opportunity may have presented itself for him and Dunfermline Athletic.

Yes, they are in the the third tier, but would expect to come up; they are a bigger club than Sons with a bigger support and arguably more potential. They are also only 20 mins from his house. Buy when stocks are low they say, so if he could turn the Pars into something of a force again it would effectively complete his lower division apprenticeship.

The key question might be what is their current financial situation - could they afford compo, for example - but this one might be worth the watching. The Livvy job I would discount as that club is just so much of a basket case at present.

John Potter & Neil McCann are in charge of the Pars till the end of the season and most of the fans expect them to get the job after that. I don't see Murray going there or Livi.

I'm not sure I understand the "not yet ready for the Premier" stuff. Is he any less prepared than Hartley? Or Danny Lennon? Aye, he makes some mistakes but the job he's done here isn't to be sniffed at. Arguably he's done a better job in this division than both Hartley and Lennon.

Dunfermline have a new manager already, so there's no substance to this speculation.

John Potter & Neil McCann are in charge of the Pars till the end of the season and most of the fans expect them to get the job after that. I don't see Murray going there or Livi.

I'm not sure I understand the "not yet ready for the Premier" stuff. Is he any less prepared than Hartley? Or Danny Lennon? Aye, he makes some mistakes but the job he's done here isn't to be sniffed at. Arguably he's done a better job in this division than both Hartley and Lennon.

Sorry, I should have added 'in my opinion', one I fully stand by.

Sorry, I should have added 'in my opinion', one I fully stand by.

That's fair enough. I'm just interested in why you think that? I agree that he's still learning and can make mistakes but I'm not sure he's any less ready than some others who have taken the jump and done reasonable jobs.

I wouldn't expect Murray to move unless it were to a club in the Premiership or one destined for there (a la Hartley). His stock is high so I doubt he'd risk it on a move sideways, albeit one with a bigger salary. I would think Dunfermline's ability to pay compensation would be somewhere around the square root of hee-haw as evidenced by their decision to go in-house. Is Muzz ready for the Premiership? Was Paul Hartley? Was Alex Neil?