Sons' sorrow

We're coming up to an important hurdle in our plans to move to our new stadium. An adverse decision regarding the rezoning of the Youngs land would kill the stadium plan stone dead.

Any news on potential local opposition? Or are we expecting an easy time of it with the Scottish Executive?

My mother was involved in the Save Posties Park campaign and the woman who basically ran that campaign is campaigning against the new stadium going at Young's Farm (safety issues for people travelling to/from the game and access/egress routes not being suitable being the main issues I believe). Whether she has enough backing to cause an obstacle I don't know.

I'd agree with those concerns Moonster. Renton Road will see a significant increase in traffic. Getting to the ground is one thing - traffic will likely be staggered between 1:30 and 2:50 for fans getting to the game. Leaving the site? It looks like a potential nightmare. The pavements and street lighting (or lack thereof) also present serious concerns for anybody using either Renton or Dalreoch stations.

Not impossible to overcome but certainly a major stumbling block. Turning onto the A82 sliproad at the Tontine is going to be particularly bad and traffic could well back up from the Dalreoch lights to the stadium itself.

It's a poor site to access.

It seems extremely strange to me that our U20's play at Murray Park but Rangers U20's play at our ground.

I just posed that same question on Twitter funnily enough. An odd set up.

I believe it's incase a player doesn't turn up. They know that there is an extremely talented guy who'd be delighted to pull on the strip that lives just across the road from Murray Park :ph34r:

There were banks of lights off on a couple of the floodlight pylons on Saturday. Not surprised to read about ongoing problems.

If they persist then the only option will be to follow the Juniors and have an earlier kick-off to ensure that games start and finish in daylight. Not sure how fans would feel about 1:00 kick-offs?

It's a shame we don't still have that mound of earth opposite the main stand - could've been our very own Murray Mound.

The Tobby King Arena has a nice ring to it. Why we've never named the toilets after Hugh Ward escapes me.

On the issue of the floodlights, I'd be interested to know what the issues are with the structure itself, as I suspect that's nonsense. Plenty of lights out on the far side that really need replacing.

When is the Scottish Government announcement due re stadium move?

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1671

Interesting piece on the website about how we use video analysis.

Did anyone else see the picture of him looking at the computer when the screen was completely black? Just as I went on to the site to stick the photo on here they removed it :lol:

Did anyone else see the article in yesterdays record? lee mair confessing that there was an attempt to have the ref abandon the match at 3-0.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/id-find-really-hard-walk-4963292

Cant remember if it was just him, but may explain his poor defending

Edited by sonsanorak

Did anyone else see the article in yesterdays record? lee mair confessing that there was an attempt to have the ref abandon the match at 3-0.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/id-find-really-hard-walk-4963292

Cant remember if it was just him, but may explain his poor defending

Lee Mair did abandon the match when we went 3-0 down...