Sons' sorrow

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1671

Interesting piece on the website about how we use video analysis.

David Jenkinson is the cameraman. From a long line of Dumbarton supporters from Helensburgh. It was his big brother Jim who first got me supporting the Sons in the mists of time.

So, Andy Hosie is the guy involved with Brabco, yes?

Their problems started in 2006, they sponsored our shirts and stadium in 2012/13? And from all available info we can assume that these businessmen knew exactly where Bet Butler was going by that point. If your company was going down the pan, would sponsoring a part-time football team be high on your agenda?

I'd be very interested to know the ins and outs of that deal and whether or not we're owed money from them.

So, Andy Hosie is the guy involved with Brabco, yes?

Their problems started in 2006, they sponsored our shirts and stadium in 2012/13? And from all available info we can assume that these businessmen knew exactly where Bet Butler was going by that point. If your company was going down the pan, would sponsoring a part-time football team be high on your agenda?

I'd be very interested to know the ins and outs of that deal and whether or not we're owed money from them.

It's admittedly hard to decipher from that attrocious website article, but it wasn't Bet Butler whose problems started in 06, in fact I don't even think they were formed then; it was Farepak. BB's problems will have started within the recent past, say a year or so presumably.

It's admittedly hard to decipher from that attrocious website article, but it wasn't Bet Butler whose problems started in 06, in fact I don't even think they were formed then; it was Farepak. BB's problems will have started within the recent past, say a year or so presumably.

Fair enough. I'd still be interested to know if they owe us money.

Fair enough. I'd still be interested to know if they owe us money.

I'd be amazed if there was ever much money in their sponsorship deal. Wasn't it a last minute thing as we hadn't looked for a sponsor or something like that? Probably just paid for the strips and the cost of the signage and hoardings.

Still though, nice to know that our beloved overlords are such good business people. That's highly reassuring as we head on down the road with them towards a multi million pound stadium move. I wonder if Alan Jardine has met the rest of them yet? *starts holding breath*

I'd be amazed if there was ever much money in their sponsorship deal. Wasn't it a last minute thing as we hadn't looked for a sponsor or something like that? Probably just paid for the strips and the cost of the signage and hoardings.

Aye, it's more the thinking behind these guys I'm trying to get a better idea of rather than how much out of pocket we are. I mean, I know they don't give a f**k about us but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

Aye, it's more the thinking behind these guys I'm trying to get a better idea of rather than how much out of pocket we are. I mean, I know they don't give a f**k about us but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

And yet their time at the Rock has coincided with the club's highest standing in the game in 30 years. Or maybe folk preferred Neil Rankine?

And yet their time at the Rock has coincided with the club's highest standing in the game in 30 years. Or maybe folk preferred Neil Rankine?

Jardine openly admitted that they have contributed the square root of ziltch to the cause so I'd put that down to the hard work of others. Other than providing financial backing I can't see how else they could contribute to our rise up the leagues.

No, I don't think they did Wilf. However, to suggest that Brabco have somehow taken DFC to it's current position by means of a structured, financed plan or anything like it would be an utter nonsense. Their time as (largely absentee) owners has coincided with great efforts made by the local Directors who actually run the club and who have in the main managed what finances are available wisely.

It also helped greatly that a team which finished in fourth position was (unusually) able to gain promotion via the play-offs, the corollary of that being that we were able to subsequently attract a young manager with potential in Ian Murray, again mainly down to the 'local' Board.

Let's make sure credit goes where it's due - long way to go yet for Brabco. 'Coincided' is the key word here.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

No, I don't think they did Wilf. However, to suggest that Brabco have somehow taken DFC to it's current position by means of a structured, financed plan or anything like it would be an utter nonsense. Their time as (largely absentee) owners has coincided with great efforts made by the local Directors who actually run the club and who have in the main managed what finances are available wisely.

It also helped greatly that a team which finished in fourth position was (unusually) able to gain promotion via the play-offs, the corollary of that being that we were able to subsequently attract a young manager with potential in Ian Murray, again mainly down to the 'local' Board.

Let's make sure credit goes where it's due - long way to go yet for Brabco. 'Coincided' is the key word here.

We were third in the playoff season, Airdrie were 4th.

Completely agree with the rest of your post.

I suggested nothing of the sort. However I am absolutely 100% certain that had Neil Rankine remained in charge we would not currently be in the championship and Ian Murray would not be our manager. In all likelihood we'd be in division three, facing a future without a club and almost certainly be facing a points deduction.

The day to day running of the club is down to the chief exec whom I understand is a Brabco appointee and paid by them, as well as being a Sons fan since Adam was a boy. It would have been his task to attract Ian Murray don't you think?