Sons' sorrow

Archie looked as if he could do a turn at RM. We are woefully short of options now but and could be missing kirky, gils, dvz and gary next week.

aye vanzy seemed to take a bad one today, not looking too good for him, with him and gaz out we are looking at 11 players next week with 3 subs including ewings if no under 20s players are drafted in..not good at all.

Aye because we wouldn't have lost 1-5 if Colin Goal Machine Nish had been playing.

if we had stuck to our 442 we would probably have won....instead we played some weird 541 or 3241 or 550 and the team had no shape

I understand peoples frustrations with Nish, however, we have generally played our best games when he has been part of a 442

if we had stuck to our 442 we would probably have won....instead we played some weird 541 or 3241 or 550 and the team had no shape

I understand peoples frustrations with Nish, however, we have generally played our best games when he has been part of a 442

spot on, Murray and nish to bury the hatchet before its too late

spot on, Murray and nish to bury the hatchet before its too late

Sounds like it's already too late to be honest. Nowhere to be seen yesterday when we've got no strikers? He's gone and as I've said on the match thread if he has quit in the huff then f**k him.

I think we have a big week ahead of us, certainly the biggest in Murrays managerial career.

Interesting times at the club right now. We've got the submission to Holyrood regarding the re-zoning of our proposed stadium land, a threadbare squad on a run of poor form and now a striker who's taken the huff and is for the off.

In terms of Nish, I've never been a fan and I don't believe he gives us enough. He spends more time arguing with referees about fouls he wasn't given than actually winning the ball in the air. He's given us very little since we signed him and I won't be sad if he goes.

But it really just points to a wider problem at Dumbarton right now. Murray has allowed our squad to dwindle to bare bones level and the subs bench yesterday suggests that he has absolutely no faith in our youngsters. Part of this is Murray's own doing. Murray sanctioned the re-signing of the majority of last year's squad. If McDougall and Shug Murray had no chance of contributing then Murray shouldn't have offered them new deals. Even worse than that, we've signed the majority of last year's successful team but embarked on a bizarre project of absolutely refusing to play last year's successful tactics.

We weren't always pretty to watch last year but we were effective. We always had a chance of getting a result because we were set up to play direct. Murray seems hell bent on shoehorning players into unfamiliar roles. It's sad to see Agnew relegated to a holding midfielder and to see us often end up with a lone striker isolated from his teammates. Then there's 3 at the back. It doesn't work for us and yet we still insist on using it. Murray is slow to change things - it was clear at half time yesterday that we were getting nothing from the way we were set up and yet Murray didn't change it. Livi went on to take their chances with aplomb.

I'm eternally grateful that Murray came in and rescued us from the Alan Adamson slump. He did a fantastic job turning us around and we owe him a great deal in our position as an established 2nd tier side. Unfortunately this season we seem to have lost our way. I've never felt that Murray was adept at working the transfer market and we're going to need some serious wheeling and dealing if we're going to boost our squad for the 2nd half of the season. At times it looks like Murray sticks to his guns in terms of his chosen style of play as a matter of principal. Principals are great and it's admirable if Murray wants to impose a style of play and a footballing philosophy on the club but if it's at the cost of results then it's self-sabotaging.

Hopefully we'll get an assistant in who'll give Murray a dose of reality. Somebody who'll remind him that for all that it's great to have a football style and ethos, the most important thing is the 3 points.

I dont think murrays trying to force a shape and style of play onto the team, I think he s picking a team and shape for each game. I dont think there was any need for us to play 3 @ the back and 2 holding midfielders with livvy being quite so direct.

If easton is to be a creative influence for us he should be played through the middle. I thought he done ok yesterday but left a bit out of it out wide.

Well everyone knows i think Nish is an un sung hero, and i think we've missed his experience the last few games, but if he's thrown a hissy fit after not getting the assistants job, then I'm sorely disappointed in him, but still wish him all the best, but not against us, cheers big man