Sons' sorrow

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/roundup/articles/2015/02/24/525544-have-your-say-on-the-future-of-dumbarton-rock-/

Anyone planning on swinging by to see that? I take it this is a council thing but it'll be interesting to see the "Technical Presentations" I think.

As much as I love the castle and local history etc it sums our council up. Spending cash on tarting up the castle and the surrounding area in the midst of horrific cuts. Priorities and aw that.

Quick non-Sons related question for the locals; who is it that runs the Glencairn? Nipped in on Tuesday night for a bite of dinner as I had remembered them being known for their surprisingly good meals. Had the misfortune of the flattest pint of Guinness ever and mediocre food. Has it changed hands since I was last in (few years ago) or did I just have bad luck?

Quick non-Sons related question for the locals; who is it that runs the Glencairn? Nipped in on Tuesday night for a bite of dinner as I had remembered them being known for their surprisingly good meals. Had the misfortune of the flattest pint of Guinness ever and mediocre food. Has it changed hands since I was last in (few years ago) or did I just have bad luck?

Sounds like bad luck Pete.

Never had a bad meal there and it hasn't changed hands. You do come out absolutely hummin' of food though!

They could smell the Bankie off you and served you accordingly.

Shame. Used to really enjoy the food at the Milton Inn as well, but the past twice I've been in it's been garbage.

Milton Inn is a heap ran by a misogynistic scum bag. Avoid at all costs.

Milton has always been a heap, but their food and prices were surprisingly good, much like the Glencairn in that respect. Both being more or less dumps that were able to produce decent grub, also both have flat beer, that's a weird coincidence. But the food at the Milton definitely took a nose dive in the past year or so.

"They could smell the Bankie off you and served you accordingly."

They could smell the money off of me you mean. The only reason I visit the wee town now and then is to spread the wealth around and keep the local economy ticking over.

Tommy Murray is the name you're looking for. Used to run the Red Row in Renton, and possibly the Lennox Bar.

Played for Renton Craigandro when he was younger. Cracking footballer in his day.