Sons' sorrow

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just a bit simple, but with every second post I believe slightly more it's the latter.

An unfit player (whoever he may be) is a passenger.[/quote

"Simple" "drivel" "troll" (read what a posted earlier)......mate chill out ....if it's a love in you want then all go but if you want to have some debate then bring it on but don't act the smarterse !

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just a bit simple, but with every second post I believe slightly more it's the latter.

An unfit player (whoever he may be) is a passenger.[/quote

"Simple" "drivel" "troll" (read what a posted earlier)......mate chill out ....if it's a love in you want then all go but if you want to have some debate then bring it on but don't act the smarterse !

^^^^Word Salad.

Ct's been shite since cowden away. Pretty sure he was involved inthe livvy game at ours and was then dropped.

I've not seen petrie play, but why take him on loan and not play him?

Kieran mcdonald came in before christmas and left seemingly disappointed to not get a real chance. Despite mich being lukewarm and linton being injured, murray played other players there and changed the shape. He seems to be doing the same now with petrie.

Murray seems set on playing wide midfielders in a shape that better supports the strikers than defend or put in crosses.

As for CT, I think he could be one of a few players now who dont want to be here. feelers will be out from other xlubs already and players will have a feeling about whether or not the manager rates them. Obviously mich can apply for a mortgage, he s got a job for life with murray

Agree with most points but still believe CT will be an asset whether he needs a kick up the arse or nurtured back to fitness that's a call for Murray. As for Mitch you're probably right but have to mention Murrays blindspot for Gill- although he did lose his patience with him in the Cowden game it was a long time coming.

Agree with most points but still believe CT will be an asset whether he needs a kick up the arse or nurtured back to fitness that's a call for Murray. As for Mitch you're probably right but have to mention Murrays blindspot for Gill- although he did lose his patience with him in the Cowden game it was a long time coming.

Gilhaneys been one of the more consistent performers Id say.

Falkirk away (1-1) hearts away (2nd half) and Rangers cup game he was excellent.

The only people I know with a blindspot for Gil are in the boardroom.

Gilhaney is a useful player. His crossing could be better but his limits as an out and out attacking wide man are balanced against his work rate and the cover he gives a right back. We're better with him in the side than without. You only need to look at how exposed our left bacl can be at times to see what Gils gives.

As for others, a big part of our current woes must be blamed on the gaffer. The diamond midfield doesnt work. Our players know it. Opponents know it. It cant be good as a player to know that you'll be overrun in midfield every week or that you'll be played out of position. We're struggling for goals and yet when chasing an equaliser at home to Cowden, Megginson is the deepest player on the park and is in the centre circle. Thats absolutely not right - I wouldn't blame players for being frustrated.

Murray rightly took a lot of praise keeping us up in his first season and last season we surprised many with the ease with which we secured our league status. If its now going wrong then he's equally deserving of criticism. If we're not careful then we may well need to worry about this years relegation play off.

Perhaps the performances from some of our players is down to playing them in a formation they are not comfortable with? It would be interesting to see the results when we played 4-4-2 compared with the other combinations Murray has come up with in his time here. There is potentially a good side in there somewhere, it just seems as though their creativity is being stifled by the tactics and formations they are being asked to play in. It's also frustrating that despite saying that he wouldn't bring in any new players unless they are better than what we already have, that 2 of them were sat on the bench on Saturday and not brought on until it was way too late. Yes, I'm grateful for what what Murray has done for Dumbarton, but I can't help but think that he really has to swallow his pride here, stop tinkering, and play the players to their strengths and stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

There really is a lot of rubbish being posted here eh?

Top trolling from Dan as well.

CT hasn't been anywhere near the level of performances we were seeing last season - Cowden aside. The lightweight midfield lacks a player like him, but in his current form and shape, he is pretty useless. Pull Garry back into the middle and play young Hacksaw upfront with Archie off of him. Petrie should also start in the midfield, pretty sure he is a left sided midfielder so why not try him a LM and rest Mitch, or drop Archie and play Mitch off of Duggan?

A few options and many different opinions, but Gilhaney has been our best player this season and CT has been one of the worst.

Assuming he's offered a new contract, I think it will be next season before we see the best of CT. He needs a pre-season. Hope I'm wrong though as a fully fit and firing Turner is a force to be reckoned with.

That's a big assumption. He's a good player but I don't think it's just his fitness that is the problem

Mark Gilhaney, outside of Andy Graham, has been our most consistent performer over the last 3 years.

Christ Turner hasn't kicked a ball all season.

Let's drop Mark Gilhaney and play CT because CT needs games.

#sonsfanlogic

Aye, this. I've never understood some fans dislike of Gils, luckily most of the P&B regulars understand the crucial role he plays for the team.

I'm sure part of Turners wages were coming from the Bet Butler guys. Could it be that their demise is linked with Turners current shape/form? Just saying.

My reading of the situation is that Bet Butler are Brabco, it's the same people, and we already know by admission of our chairman and CEO that they haven't invested a penny in us. That would suggest they weren't paying for anyone's wages. It may be that they got him a job as a personal trainer and are taking credit for him getting that wage but I'm not sure. Is Turner definitely still a PT?

My reading of the situation is that Bet Butler are Brabco, it's the same people, and we already know by admission of our chairman and CEO that they haven't invested a penny in us. That would suggest they weren't paying for anyone's wages. It may be that they got him a job as a personal trainer and are taking credit for him getting that wage but I'm not sure. Is Turner definitely still a PT?

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-turner/9a/337/159

Cheers!

Possesses a well-rounded and transferable skill-set built through years in the game incorporating leadership, energy & drive and communication, giving an exceptional foundation from which to further develop a career in the sports industry

Leadership: A professional footballer with proven leadership skills and experience captaining Ireland’s U21 side who quickly gains respect from others through an approachable personality combining honesty and strong personal integrity.

Teamwork: A successful career in professional football has provided a deep understanding of how to work as part of a coordinated team, offering advice and support to colleagues in order to become an integral member of any collective.

Time Management: Possesses excellent time management skills and appreciates the importance of planning for and identifying potential problems, addressing them within suitable timescales and intelligently allocating time to each task.

Communication: A skilled communicator from the football pitch to the workplace, tailoring his approach to the audience and building productive working relationships through a consistently personable and professional manner

Energy & Drive: Possesses the energy and drive for the sports industry that is associated with any pro athlete and successfully transfers this enthusiasm on to team mates and other members of staff.