Sons' sorrow

If Cowden lose tomorrow night against Falkirk we are safe.

Can't see Cowden picking up that many points, I reckon we can start planning for next season in this division. We've probably been riding our luck a wee bit in the last few games and if it weren't for some great goalkeeping and some timely finishing we could be in a much worse position but we got the points we needed and the team should be commended for that. It's been great fighting from them at a crucial point.

Fantastic that we are now guaranteed championship football again nxt season.. Massive well done to the boys!

Also worth mentioning that the u20's have started to win some matches - rightly suggests maybe nish wasn't the man for the job after all!

Edited by Sting86

Fantastic achievement. Four seasons guaranteed in the Championship is just wonderful. Ok, so we're at the lower end, but we're looking at being the best Part time team in the country again!!!!

Well done everyone at the Club.

Four seasons in a row. We could even win a challenge cup game soon.

Don't get carried away!

We looked certain to finish bottom when Murrinho took over. Amazing achievement to confirm a 4th (fourth) season in a predominantly full time division!

Fantastic achievement. Four seasons guaranteed in the Championship is just wonderful. Ok, so we're at the lower end, but we're looking at being the best Part time team in the country again!!!!

Well done everyone at the Club.

hear hear, massive thanks to all, especially for all the players exertions, and Murray's tactical know how, and directors deep pockets

Well done to everyone at the club. Great stuff to have it tied up so early, we can go out and enjoy these games now and Murray can start planning for next year.

Win on Saturday to confirm our best part time team status for the third year in a row. Magnificent stuff.

That claim by Rankine that he's still owed money from the sale of the Sons is cited in this STV article today about Livingston being fined / embargoed for dual ownership breaches: http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/315677-livingston-fined-and-banned-from-registering-players-over-rankine-issues/

I'd love to hear the full facts on this issue.

That claim by Rankine that he's still owed money from the sale of the Sons is cited in this STV article today about Livingston being fined / embargoed for dual ownership breaches: http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/315677-livingston-fined-and-banned-from-registering-players-over-rankine-issues/

I'd love to hear the full facts on this issue.

As would I but it looks pretty straightforward as to why Brabco still owe him money. Brabco buy the club for ~£1M, pay £800K, promise the other £200K in 5 years time (when they expected to offload the land the ground sits on), everyone's happy. Except, the housing market crashed, Brabco couldn't sell and now have no money to pay him.

Or at least, that's my guess. I expect our highly transparent owners will be out to quash any nasty rumours that may be circulating immediately.