Sons' sorrow

No one can fault his application and he has a cracking touch at times but his return in front of goal has been non-existent. I wonder if he really is a striker and not more of a Garry Fleming.

Bang on the money, Consolidate. He's a trier, but I don't think he's much of a finisher either.

He does better than Nish did when he was here in term of his general play, but ideally we need a poacher, which Duggan isn't.

I'm reluctant to say it, but he's better than nothing.

Wouldn't take a chance with postal service, TBH!

Probs best to pick them up if you can, but they've been available for a few weeks now. Could you not have had them sent to you before now, or was that not possible for you?

Knowing the high quality service that's normally provided, I'd expect the Club Shop to be closed at 3.30 pm tomorrow as per usual!

When I posted my question that was literally the first time I had even considered going to the game, hence why I haven't had tickets sorted previously. Haven't been to a home game for an age. I'll give the club a phone and see if I can reserve a brief for pick up, but if it looks like being a pain in the arse I'll just leave it.

Bang on the money, Consolidate. He's a trier, but I don't think he's much of a finisher either.

He does better than Nish did when he was here in term of his general play, but ideally we need a poacher, which Duggan isn't.

I'm reluctant to say it, but he's better than nothing.

^^^ missing big Nish after watching him on Saturday

When I posted my question that was literally the first time I had even considered going to the game, hence why I haven't had tickets sorted previously. Haven't been to a home game for an age. I'll give the club a phone and see if I can reserve a brief for pick up, but if it looks like being a pain in the arse I'll just leave it.

Sorted. Called the club, they said just to pick one up before kick off. Nice and easy.

Who we keeping and who we punting then, now that our season is effectively over. I would like to see us begin preparations with the following squad:

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Andy Graham
Scott Linton

Midfielders

Jordan Kirkpatrick
Chris Turner
Mark Gilhaney
Scott Agnew

Donald McCallum

Strikers
Garry Fleming

I'm not sure I'd keep anyone else. I'd take big Findlay and Rogers back next season if their clubs are making them available again but not sure I'd take any of the other loans. Rebuild required, IMO.

Who we keeping and who we punting then, now that our season is effectively over. I would like to see us begin preparations with the following squad:

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Andy Graham

Scott Linton

Midfielders

Jordan Kirkpatrick

Chris Turner

Mark Gilhaney

Scott Agnew

Donald McCallum

Strikers

Garry Fleming

I'm not sure I'd keep anyone else. I'd take big Findlay and Rogers back next season if their clubs are making them available again but not sure I'd take any of the other loans. Rebuild required, IMO.

I posted my thoughts a week or so ago but got ignored by you all :(

Arseholes.

Hearts have now tied up the league and we're down to our remaining 7 games, time for Murray to start thinking about our squad for next year and who to keep or punt. Personally I would definitely keep the following...

Rogers (if we are able to loan again)

Graham

Findlay (highly unlikely)

Agnew

Turner

Gilhaney

Kirkpatrick

Fleming

Undecided on the following:

DVZ (Been decent for us but not getting any younger)

Taggart

Megginson (excellent last season, pretty terrible this season)

Wilson (yet to be convinced, leaning more towards a naw for him)

Punt the following:

Linton

Mair

Ewings

Grindlay

Easton (wouldn't waste a loan on him)

Campbell

Not seen enough of Coleman, Whitefield, Lumsden or McCallum.

Duggan and Petrie are decent enough players but I dunno if I'd go chasing another loan for them. If either is released I wouldn't be against us offering them a deal.

I have a feeling Murray may look to get out during the summer if I'm honest. With St Mirren looking likely to come down and Hamilton likely to ditch Canning there could be a couple of opportunities for him to move on. If he does stay I'd hope he finds an assistant, again though I have a feeling he has delayed on that if he's thinking of moving on.

FWIW here are my thoughts on the matter.

Keep

Andy Graham

Scott Taggart

Scott Agnew

Garry Fleming

Mark Gilhaney

Jordan Kirkpatrick

Christ Turner

Mitch Megginson

Stuart Findlay (Nae chance)

Danny Rogers (Wee chance)

Darren Petrie (Unlikely)

Donald McCallum

Punt

Lee Mair

Mark Wilson

Stephen Grindlay

Josh Lumsden

Archie Campbell

Unsure

Joe Coleman - not seen enough of him

Scott Linton - meh, been poor in chunks been decent in others

David Van Zanten - dreadful at the start, far better then injured. No idea when he'll be back

Jamie Ewings - decent enough No.2, not as No.1

Dylan Easton - decent player, doesn't suit our style. Will depend if we change back to attacking football or stick with the miserable stuff

Chris Duggan - I like him, but I'm not really sure why. It might be his hair

Keir Whitefield - No idea, he's younger than me though so I guess he's got time on his side

Unless we're given a sensible valid reason for it, can the club ensure they ditch this ridiculous rule where season ticket holders have to collect an additional brief? Utter waste of time.

Keep

Andy Graham

Scott Taggart

Scott Agnew

Garry Fleming

Mark Gilhaney

Jordan Kirkpatrick

Christ Turner

Mitch Megginson

Stuart Findlay (Nae chance)

Danny Rogers (Wee chance)

Darren Petrie (Unlikely)

Donald McCallum

Punt

Lee Mair

Mark Wilson

Stephen Grindlay

Josh Lumsden

Archie Campbell

Unsure

Joe Coleman - not seen enough of him

Scott Linton - meh, been poor in chunks been decent in others

David Van Zanten - dreadful at the start, far better then injured. No idea when he'll be back

Jamie Ewings - decent enough No.2, not as No.1

Dylan Easton - decent player, doesn't suit our style. Will depend if we change back to attacking football or stick with the miserable stuff

Chris Duggan - I like him, but I'm not really sure why. It might be his hair

Keir Whitefield - No idea, he's younger than me though so I guess he's got time on his side

I'd add Campbell to the keep list, hardly played as a striker but always gives his all, and I'm sure there are more goals in him, also van Zanten, was improving all the time

Unless we're given a sensible valid reason for it, can the club ensure they ditch this ridiculous rule where season ticket holders have to collect an additional brief? Utter waste of time.

Isn't the reason that the Police told us that had to be the case? I'm sure the club would rather not print additional tickets wherever necessary but I thought they were told that everyone must have the same ticket in order for the Police to check them on the way to the ground. Not that the Police have even been checking tickets on the way to the ground but I believe that was the reason. I don't see why the club would make fans do it off their own back.

I believe that the ticket arrangements and other matchday restrictons were at the insistance of the police.

I hope that they take a common sense approach next season if neither Hibs nor Rangers go up and learn from this season. Forcing away fans to walk the long way round the 3 sides to get to the away section is simply idiotic. It would also be good to see better traffic management: Glasgow-bound traffic directed towards the fire station and local traffic directed towards Morrisons.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Attendance for hibs game given as only 1110. Despite this a supporter who turned up just before the start of the game with his 20 quid was turned away and told game was sold out. Gilbert this is madness football is there to tend to customers needs and not to suit their own silly little rules. Sort it out and dont turn paying customers away.

BTW congratulations nishy on his hat trick. Living legend

I think the problem with that johnny is that the club are restricted by what the police will and won't allow. I think that the police have over-reacted massively this season to the prospect of our category A games and that has resulted in the club being overly cautious. Given the likelihood of more category A games next season, its an area we can improve on.

Worst case scenario would be Hibs and Rangers staying down, St Mirren dropping down and another Premier team dropping down via the play-offs. That would give the club a potentially 8 category A games next season. I hope the police and the club can look back at what worked this year, what can maybe be improved and put processes in place to make next season better for these games.

It is crazy that on a night like tonight - glorious spring evening - a person can't walk up, pay their £20 and take in a game of football. Unfortunately there are a lot of barriers in place and only some of them are in the hands of the club. We need a common sense approach from the police next season and I'd hope the club will recognise areas that can be improved.