Sons' sorrow

As hinted by farrell earlier this week we can hopefully expect to see some new signings this week. I understand news on this could come today.

Wednesday does seem to be news day when it comes to bringing in players. Here's hoping we get some more information this afternoon!

We didn't really need to be good against those teams to be fair, those were just kinda bonus games. The mini league at the bottom is the one we need to be on form for

Completely agree it was unimportant as long as we picked up points from those around us. Would be nice to cut down on the goals against in general! The top team comment was more just a reply to optimistic than me saying I want points or anything from them. Anything against any of the top/big 3 sides was always a bonus last season.

As hinted by farrell earlier this week we can hopefully expect to see some new signings this week. I understand news on this could come today.

As predicted. Are we finshed for today though or more to be announced?

Mark will be a decent player for you very underrated at Alloa was always solid when he played for us without doing anything too outstanding apart from the long range goal he scored last season, He's listed as a left back but we played him mostly in midfield apart from that horrendous night up at Forfar where he played right back still gives me the fear now remembering that night.

Edited by number one wasp

Says he had a couple of offers including a full-time one in the interview on the os. Alloa say not to play him at LB, but we already have a couple of players who will fit into the CM holding role. Would be interesting to see where he played when he was at Stranraer.

I notice it is almost time to draw round one of the petrofac training cup or challenge cup as it is better known. Well I noticed that in season 2013-14 coupar Angus of the north division of the eastern juniors league finished with a record of played 30 lost 30 scored 15 and conceded 192. Question is could dumbarton even beat them in the challenge cup.

It will no doubt be irrelevant as we are bound to be drawn against stranraer again. No doubt losing despite by then having signed the entire stranraer team.

Another one I'm sorry to see leave. I wasn't too impressed when Hartley first signed him as I'd always thought he was a bit of a journeyman but he grew as a player and by the end of the Second Division season he was a real favourite. Was a harsh decision to let him go at that point but one you could understand, there were doubts about whether or not he would be able to step up. He went to Stranraer and earned his move back to Alloa then earned his place in the team and proved he could indeed do it in the Championship. Not in the same class say as the likes of McCord but a a tidy player, versatile and bucket-loads of spirit. He will be missed at Alloa. Sore one for us to be losing players to Dumbarton but the appointment of Aitken is working out for you guys at this early stage. Danny Lennon has a massive job on his hands at Alloa now.

Clearly a guy who goes unnoticed yet is a big important player to the team who does alot of dirty work, can't say I remember him but that goes for nothing. One or two doubting his importance for alloa, yet most singing his praises. Judging by a few players saying that negotiations have been going on for weeks, it's fairly clear that Murray was off a long time ago,and Stevie was his planned replacement, and that he's been a busy guy for weeks and has a full dossier, welcome sparky