Sons' sorrow

Here, lads, do any of you own the DFC history book by Tom Snr? Can't seem to find a copy, so if someone has one they're finished with I'd be happy to throw some filthy lucre at you in exchange.

Dumbarton library have some for sale I think.

If indeed they have offered 600 quid a week to Aggy they are more than welcome to him. No part-time team should be paying that sort of money and certainly not for Scott Agnew.

I still think he'll end up at St Mirren.

Defo going full time. Don't really think he would turn us down and then go to Alloa.

Interesting times ahead, hopefully we will get a striker worthy of the title.

Any chance of Longworth from

Stranraer, despite him signing for them again!!

Don't think we'll be paying a fee for anyone. Plenty strikers out of contract though and it's possible the usual suspects such as Brophy/Shankland may be available on loan again. Pre-season starts next Saturday so I expect Stee will want the bulk of the squad signed up by then. Busy week ahead.

Interesting times ahead, hopefully we will get a striker worthy of the title.

Any chance of Longworth from

Stranraer, despite him signing for them again!!

Out of interest, when was the last time we paid a fee for a player? I remember us offering a fee to Berwick for thon striker, they knocked it back and then he signed for us for free that summer, before feeding the club some story about needing to leave and signing for an east region Junior side. Has there been another fee since? Who was the last before that?

Out of interest, when was the last time we paid a fee for a player? I remember us offering a fee to Berwick for thon striker, they knocked it back and then he signed for us for free that summer, before feeding the club some story about needing to leave and signing for an east region Junior side. Has there been another fee since? Who was the last before that?

Craig Lynes. £10K. :lol:

EDIT - Funny story about oor Craig - I was a ball boy when he signed for us, he'd been largely piss in the small amount of time he'd played and we were playing Arbroath (I think) down at The Rock. Lynes was running into the box and collapsed in a heap with no one near him, screaming for a penalty. I was standing behind that goal and the ref waved play on. Cue Lynes going bananas and looking at the ref and linesman. Lynes says to the lino "Am clean through, why would I go down?", lino retorts "I don't know, why would you ya numpty you were clean through?".

Okay maybe not funny, maybe one of those "had to be there" moments.

Edited by The Moonster