Sons' sorrow

McCallum isn't an out-and-out striker - can 100% guarantee we'll never see him playing as a lone striker.

I hope Taggart and Fleming both sign up; they're both very useful players.

Still a lot of business to be done - happy with our options in centre mid though.

So long as no one has the bright idea of starting a new thread entitled anything like ' A great feeling at the Rock' or something equally daft. I'm with you however, on being a bit more optimistic. When our close season was thrown into uncertainty with Murray's departure, there was a nervous interlude before the appointment of Aitken and Farrell. However, reading that Mark Spalding is expected to team up with our former manager as his assistant, whilst we have appointed a tried and tested team, any misgivings that we can perhaps stay up for the fourth year running have subsided. It's a possibility

Pleased to hear that Kirkpatrick has re-signed. I'd like to see Garry Fleming and Scott Taggart added to the list.

Agree with everyone here, if Kirky can capture his form of our "5th" season we'll be laughing. We do seem to have signed a fair number of centre mids though and Miller doesn't sound like the type to sit on the bench but we'll see. If Taggart and Fleming both sign now and we add to that I'll be delighted going into the new season. Good job DFC.

2 wee things. We really don't have an out and out striker signed. Even if Garry signs we need no less than 2/3 other options.

Kirky might fit into the playing off a striker role? Remember last year vs Alloa (early on in the season) and the demolishing of Hamilton a few months before where he came on and sat behind the striker. Running at defenders with confidence he can be pretty lethal.

Murray tended to stick with Turner and Aggy, and Turner was shocking bar a few games near the end, as a big majority of our player's were for the most part, and jk was probably a bit of a fall guy, but was pretty much consistently good, despite mostly sub appearances

Murray tended to stick with Turner and Aggy, and Turner was shocking bar a few games near the end, as a big majority of our player's were for the most part, and jk was probably a bit of a fall guy, but was pretty much consistently good, despite mostly sub appearances

Agree thought turner was poor, was better towards the end of the season.

Him flying. Didn't think he was having his best season before he got injured tbh

I said at the time agnew started getting fitness back that Id rather have kirkpatrick in there, that was based on his form since xmas 2013 till the end of the season.

Hopefully he can get back to them levels and push on.

If Taggart and Garry sign up we have a starting 11, Could possibly look something like this..

Umds0cN.png

Id swap fleming and miller there. Fleming for me has had his best games for us when he's filled in for turner. Would also like to us to sign a couple proper wide midfielders.

Not convinced mccallum will be even close to the starting 11, another year and hopefully more sub appearances/cup games for him I hope.