Sons' sorrow

is Fraser Wright a centre half? i had it in my head he was a full back? I understand he is experienced, but we already have an experienced and slow centre half....i would have thought we would be trying to bring in a bit of pace to compliment Andy Graham

Great boots Andy! Cracking header away Andy! What a pass that was Andy!

Sorry, slow day.

I wasn't too sure about Wright due to his age but The Super J fans have me thinking he could be good. Does he live fairly close? Wright and Brown could be the experience we need

He's from EK not sure if he still lives there. My source has updated me that there will be 2 more new faces on addition to Wright checking in at the Rock this week. A goalie and a winger. Think we all know who that''ll be.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

Frazer Wright was a crucial part of the third best defence in Scotland last season, indeed a defence that has been at that level for the past three or four years IMO. You could dwell on the fact he's 35 and has the pace to match but you'd struggle to find a Saints fan that could provide an example of it being an issue, such is his reading of the game. He puts his head on everything that comes into the box and is a proper centre back, who will noise up opposition strikers if it hands him an advantage.

The one note of caution would be that it'll be a season too far at some point and doing something stupid like asking a back four containing him to hold a high line would hang him out to dry but he more than earned the offer of another year at Saints and I'm sure will still feature heavily in the Premiership next season if he does decide to stay. You won't find a Saints supporter who wouldn't wish him well if he does opt to move on though.

I wasn't too sure about Wright due to his age but The Super J fans have me thinking he could be good. Does he live fairly close? Wright and Brown could be the experience we need

He's a great player at our level. if anything, he's gotten more effective as he's gotten older.

If you had a young defender next to him, he'll guide him through the game. If you have experience, he'll compliment them.

He's not the fastest, but his positional sense is as good as it's ever been and he will run through a brick wall for you.

One slight proviso - he hasn't played 3 times in a week in quite a while now. I don't think his hip can take that. I'd need to check this, but i don't think he's played on plastic pitches very often this season either.

If you had a young defender next to him, he'll guide him through the game. If you have experience, he'll compliment them.

Gregor Buchanan seems to have come with the proviso of playing him with someone experienced and he'll be excellent, so him with Wright sounds ideal.

If C'mon the Sons is correct then we'll have Wright and Willie Gibson signing up tonight then? Taking shape.

Wednesday = signings day

If it turns out to be Wright, Brown and Gibson I'll be quite chuffed.

Now...a striker. Pete, what's the story with Dylan Pooler leaving Killie. Was he not highly rated as a decent goalscorer?

The pedant in me was going to make a similar post but I decided against it. Mind you, your sarcasm seems to have bypassed BBPF and Kyle

Indeed.

Sarcasm is the mark of a cretin and is something I never engage in.

Wednesday = signings day

If it turns out to be Wright, Brown and Gibson I'll be quite chuffed.

Now...a striker. Pete, what's the story with Dylan Pooler leaving Killie. Was he not highly rated as a decent goalscorer?

Yeah a few were baffled as to his released. Raw but has potential. Nothing with killie is ever crystal clear, but I suspect he was moved on, along with several others, to free up wages to run a smaller first team squad next season. Might do a job for Sons, but dropping to part time and with almost no first team experience, it's hard to say.

But...but...we only ever sign players on a Wednesday afternoon. Anything else just wouldn't be Wright*

*If you see what I did there

I feel my rather excellent pun has gone unnoticed in the sarcasm palava so I'll just quote it again