Sons' sorrow

Far too early for such a post, give it 6 league games at least before judgment, but I also think we look stronger in all departments, bit harsh on Brown in particular, I thought he looked commanding against hearts, and the whole team weren't wonderful otherwise

I agree it is very early, but you can often get a decent idea of how good a player will be in the first few games. For example I rated Prunty and Pat Walker from game one. But I instantly knew Gribben and Paul Maxwell were duds.

I've got a few wrong as well to be fair. Step forward Chris Craig and Kevin Nicoll.

You better pray to whatever god you believe in that #666 doesn't see you claim a draw when comparing him with Easton.

I fear for your well-being.

*Goes into hiding*

I suspect he'll two foot me on the way into Cappielow...which on the positive would give me something else other than legroom to complain about.

I see the Sun (It's no mine honest! ) has a story on a study of fans based on twitter feeds. Dumbarton fans are second happiest behind Falkirk and equal with Alloa, QoS and Hearts (based on last seaon). We are also the second least passionate and we're not even in the top five of gloomiest. O'Kelly Isley III and Frank Quietly don't do Twitter. ......

I see the Sun (It's no mine honest! ) has a story on a study of fans based on twitter feeds. Dumbarton fans are second happiest behind Falkirk and equal with Alloa, QoS and Hearts (based on last seaon). We are also the second least passionate and we're not even in the top five of gloomiest. O'Kelly Isley III and Frank Quietly don't do Twitter. ......

Who was the gloomiest? Raith Rovers?

Good post S08 but rather than looking at the players individually, the squad as a whole appears to have a much better balance to it. Last season we were asking people like Gils and Megginson to play in a very narrow midfield, asking Aggie to sit deeper, playing Taggart wherever the f**k we could fit him in and looking for Nish to cause some problems with long balls.

This year it seems we have players who fit a system and we're playing that system. We have strong centre backs and centre midfielders with creativity on the flanks and behind the striker. The addition of Craig could be exactly what we need to bring it all together as well but I'm expecting another slow start with so many new additions.

EDIT - From that team you've posted S08, I'd only take Findlay and Turner back, although Turner's coat would be on a shoogly peg depending on the form of Gall.

Dumbo becoming a bit of a dads army - oldest squad in the league??

Right, as far as I can see you can play 2 trialists in the first round of the Petrofac Cup. Whether someone who is still registered to another FA can be played as a trialist is a different matter.

Trialists can only play if they were most recently registered in Scotland. You can't play in an official fixture if your registration is held by a foreign FA (including England). You need International Clearance first and you can't get that without a contract.

Trialists can only play if they were most recently registered in Scotland. You can't play in an official fixture if your registration is held by a foreign FA (including England). You need International Clearance first and you can't get that without a contract.

Cheers, SD. Looks like we'll need International Clearance for Craig in order for him to play this weekend then.