Sons' sorrow

The craven decision not to empty Aitken immediately after Alloa is looking more moronic by the minute. The club now deserve all the flak and ridicule coming their way.

For Stevie, if he were to leave now voluntarily, he might just get away with 'tons of injuries' excuse when interviewing for his next post. Leave it much longer and he might permanently damage his reputation.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Dunning's post actually brings me nicely onto my next point. Never before have I had so many non Dumbarton supporting friends and colleagues absolutely astounded that one of our gaffers is still in a job.

Likewise, I’ve got friends and colleagues who know nothing about Scottish football asking me how our manager is still in a job :lol:

Just now, Stevie Aitken said:

One month on, these words are starting to sound a bit empty.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3777

Not a peep from him since. 

Guarantee the board are hoping it'll die down over the international break.  I think they'll be surprised by what they find on the other side of it. 

Get him so far in the fucking sea.

Just now, sonsism said:

Not a peep from him since. 

Guarantee the board are hoping it'll die down over the international break.  I think they'll be surprised by what they find on the other side of it. 

Get him so far in the fucking sea.

Yeah, I think you're right. I always thought he'd get at least the Arbroath game for some reason.

If he's still in charge for East Fife, it could be a very unpleasant atmosphere, to say the least.

It's getting ridiculous now. How much longer can it go on? Is there any fans that actually want him to stay? Surely even the most die-hard of aitken army can see we need change.
Aitchison going should really sound the alarm bells. He can obviously see the shambles and wanted out. Watch him sign for another league 1 team and score for fun.......
#aitkenout

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

It's getting ridiculous now. How much longer can it go on? Is there any fans that actually want him to stay? Surely even the most die-hard of aitken army can see we need change.
Aitchison going should really sound the alarm bells. He can obviously see the shambles and wanted out. Watch him sign for another league 1 team and score for fun.......
#aitkenout

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see this. Quite a few L1 sides just tried to sign a young Arbroath striker on loan, so I would not be surprised to see Aitchison end up at one of them.

25 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

I thought the Airdrie threads were pretty bleak but reading your comments has perversely cheered me up. So, can I therefore recommend that you read the comments on our threads -so you guys can be cheered up?   (Alcohol also helps as well)

Roger that

That's Archibald been emptied by Thistle. A good 2016/17 (excellent in his case), relegation, then a very poor first quarter post-relegation.

Sound familiar? 

Edit: I'm still not home yet by the way. The stopover at the Wee Hurrie in Troon was worth the extra delay though.

Edited by Ross Forbes

I think the board are afraid to sack Aitken. I reckon they feel they owe him something for staying with us. Whereas, in reality, he interviewed for numerous full-time roles and would’ve jumped ship at the first chance he got.

We owe him nothing.

7 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I think the board are afraid to sack Aitken. I reckon they feel they owe him something for staying with us. Whereas, in reality, he interviewed for numerous full-time roles and would’ve jumped ship at the first chance he got.

We owe him nothing.

We owe him a not inconsiderable amount of money if we want to sack him.

We owe him nothing.

Even if he hadn't interviewed for other jobs. Other than financially, we owe him nothing.

That's the way it goes in football. He's had success, he's now floundering and most if not all of the reasons why can be left at his door. Time to go and it needs to be done before our slide to League Two is a probability rather than a possibility and our club's reputation is damaged further.