Sons' sorrow

59 minutes ago, son hawk said:

Perry to left back as I'm sure Aitken has suggested he could play there before. Even though he will be horrendous

Could well be. Presumably Thomson at RB in that scenario? I suspect if he did that, he'd gamble on an unfit Carswell to play CM (he'd see Forbes as too attacking to play there).

I would start Beany and Gallagher up front all day long for this. They were arguably the only ones who came out of last week with pass marks.

I imagine Thomas will have to start and would doubt Paton will go straight in (he'll probably start him on his own up front now...), meaning Barr/Forbes drops out. Benching Forbes would be madness, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

Queen's pay their manager well, and having sold Hampden for a small fortune I'd imagine they'll be in a better position to pay wages than a League One club with a maxed out playing budget who will be paying off the previous man in charge.
Was thinking aside from the obvious imminent cash injection. More along their usual/normal streams of revenue.

(£5 million allows you to pay a manager £25k per annum for two hundred years, accounting for no other costs)

30 minutes ago, TheChase said:
2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:
And that's a list of players who will miss out. It doesn't list the walking wounded who are carrying knocks or who are trying to come back from injury.

Have we got a walking wounded list?

It's probably shorter to list who isnt walking wounded.

Calling Skyline Drifter....at what point can a club seek a postponement due to squad injuries ?
The laws of the game allow you to start a game with 7 players. If the number falls below this then the match is abandoned. I'm pretty sure the spfl would hit any team not able to fulfil a fixture with a hefty fine. We are a long way from not fielding a team though going by the laws.