Sons' sorrow

He was being chased by a lot of teams wasn't he. He'll probably start id say, probably better than Adam if I'm thinking of the right guy.
I must admit, I'd be surprised if a guy on loan from East Kilbride starts over McGowan. I'd imagine he isn't 1st choice with them if they are loaning him out.

I must admit, I'd be surprised if a guy on loan from East Kilbride starts over McGowan. I'd imagine he isn't 1st choice with them if they are loaning him out.

Was he not in the league 2 team of the season the year he left Stirling? Then promoted with Stenny year after. No idea what has happened at EK but a good goalkeeper not playing is hardly unusual, maybe there's a financial incentive in it or Smith isn't happy there.

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Was he not in the league 2 team of the season the year he left Stirling? Then promoted with Stenny year after. No idea what has happened at EK but a good goalkeeper not playing is hardly unusual, maybe there's a financial incentive in it or Smith isn't happy there.

He was in the League Two team of the year in consecutive seasons with Stirling apparently. If we'd signed him over the summer instead of Adam and McGowan I don't think people would've been that bothered.

Be interesting to see who Jim goes for. If it's Smith then McGowan would be as well calling it a day with us.

9 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

He was in the League Two team of the year in consecutive seasons with Stirling apparently. If we'd signed him over the summer instead of Adam and McGowan I don't think people would've been that bothered.

Be interesting to see who Jim goes for. If it's Smith then McGowan would be as well calling it a day with us.

He hasn't once looked even slightly bothered at being backup. It's what he has done basically his whole football career so far.

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

He hasn't once looked even slightly bothered at being backup. It's what he has done basically his whole football career so far.

Unbelievably, he’s only 21, so he hasn’t had that much of a career sitting on the bench. If he didn’t have aspirations of playing, I’d be very surprised.

Edited by FifeSons

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Unbelievably, he’s only 21, so he hasn’t had that much of a career sitting on the bench. If he didn’t have aspirations of playing, I’d be very surprised.

That's why I said so far. I know he is young but he has never been anywhere near a first choice. I'm also reliably informed that when he signed many of the squad were shocked as they were under the impression he was only training with them for fitness.

Edited by squeezeboxson

That's why I said so far. I know he is young but he has never been anywhere near a first choice. I'm also reliably informed that when he signed many of the squad were shocked as they were under the impression he was only training with them for fitness.
He may well become the Stevie Ross of goalkeeping.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

He may well become the Stevie Ross of goalkeeping.

Or even the Drummond Mentiply of goalkeeping...(one appearance)

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
14 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:
Wasted a few hours attempting to teach myself a bit of Photoshop this afternoon.
Forbesedit2.thumb.png.4ace9741a467361cd683a2a01cf06774.png
domthomasedit.thumb.png.8dfdc463dd4cc7aad57d10ff41f4ad8f.png

Fiddling with that selection tool isn't frustrating at all eh? I hope you never have to encouter a tree.

My eyes are bleeding.

On the positive side I now have an extremely high knowledge of Ross Forbes' knee and fingers.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Not sure when you'll get the chance to use these graphics this season but fair play to you all the same.

I've no idea either to be honest, and I really don't have the time to make goal graphics for our revolving door squad, but it killed an afternoon. 

44 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

f**k, I miss Boghead.
I know a lot of the youngsters on here will ask how can you miss a crumbling shitehole ?
Well, many of us have long and happy memories of Boghead.

It may have been a crumbling shitehole, but it was OUR crumbling shitehole.

f**k, I miss Boghead.
I know a lot of the youngsters on here will ask how can you miss a crumbling shitehole ?
Well, many of us have long and happy memories of Boghead.

I have very happy memories of it but towards the end it was clear the only future for the club was a move. Regardless of team performance, the match day experience at the Rock is much better than the final ten years at Boghead IMHO.