Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I remember posting last season about hearing Scott McDonald talking on the radio about the importance of pre-season. He said that it was almost impossible for a player to catch up if he missed pre-season for any reason. I suggested that this might be a reason for Beanie's form at the time. Everybody laughed and said Beanie was finished. I'm only just getting over the humiliation.......

Fair point, albeit there's a question of whether he's finished at Championship level even with a solid pre-season.

I suspect he's fairly content to have switched Tannadice and Cappielow for Links Park and Ochilview.

1 minute ago, Consolidate said:

Fair point, albeit there's a question of whether he's finished at Championship level even with a solid pre-season.

I suspect he's fairly content to have switched Tannadice and Cappielow for Links Park and Ochilview.

Maybe but if he's good enough to be performing well in League one then that's great. I'm impressed with his effort as much as anything.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I remember posting last season about hearing Scott McDonald talking on the radio about the importance of pre-season. He said that it was almost impossible for a player to catch up if he missed pre-season for any reason. I suggested that this might be a reason for Beanie's form at the time. Everybody laughed and said Beanie was finished. I'm only just getting over the humiliation.......

^^^Big team found^^^  

;)

4 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Good news imo. Not quite sure how he’s ended up surplus to requirements at East Kilbride.

Judging by the confidence he showed on Saturday I'd be happy for him to stay at DFC. And I hope we don't have to see too much of his shot-saving skills in the meantime.

15 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Chris Smith emergency loan extended.

That's pleasing. We haven't really seen him make a save, but having an experienced goalkeeper who spent the game communicating with our back four made a big difference at the weekend. He looked a lot more confident than Mutch, Adam and McGowan too.

His kicking should be very useful on windy days.

Edited by Ross Forbes

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

That's pleasing. We haven't really seen him make a save, but having an experienced goalkeeper who spent the game communicating with our back four made a big difference at the weekend. He looked a lot more confident than Mutch, Adam and McGowan too.

His kicking should be very useful on windy days.

You've seen Saturday's forecast then?!

https://rocksportradio.podbean.com/e/talking-football-thursday-1st-november/

1hr 4mins for the Aitken interview. Literally the first thing he mentions is the injuries, in response to a question about Dumbarton's Championship expectations over the last few years.

Edited to add: he seems to be of the belief he was sacked because other clubs were sacking managers, namely Partick Thistle.

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

1hr 4mins for the Aitken interview. Literally the first thing he mentions is the injuries, in response to a question about Dumbarton's Championship expectations over the last few years.

Edited to add: he seems to be of the belief he was sacked because other clubs were sacking managers, namely Partick Thistle.

Here's me thinking he got the sack because we've been shite and depressing for at least a year. Sober up Stevie.

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does he express an interest in the Brechin job, and describe them as 'a great club'?