Sons' sorrow

It sounded like a sideways dig at our Sonstrust director. The implication being that the trust director is friendly with the people who think it's time for a change etc. 
I have to agree with others that he sounds delusional and "everyone's fault but mine" just about covers it. Disappointing because I think the board gave him a fair chance. 
Delusional too in that he thinks his stock is high. I'd be surprised if he were to resurface in League 1 or higher.
Stevie Aitken really should steer clear of microphones and journalist's notebooks right now. He is obviously hurting but these comments say more about him than anything else.
As for the Trust remarks, he would be surprised to learn just how many times I've personally heard our Community Director support him, never mind the huge effort which went into creating a carnival atmosphere at the Irn Bru Cup Final which he was very fond of referencing.

Stevie Aitken is a seething, deluded bitter mess. What a "nice guy". Sonstrust work non-stop for the club and the director in question is no different. To say he was potentially persuaded by "mates in the stands" is outrageous and quite frankly unprofessional. The whole interview reeks of Aitken whoring himself out for a job. Maybe he should try and get a job in the media considering how much he loves to talk.

Anyway, he's history now. The Duffy Machine rages on. Two games coming up that can get us away from the bottom of the table and start challenging for those first few play-off spots. I'd love a repeat of last week today but keeping it realistic it's going to be a tough game. I hope the players can put a shift in and come away with a positive result.

16 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Aitken ruled himself out of the Brechin job in the Sun today.

And Aitken's Army (Disbanded 2018) had spent the last couple of days house-hunting up there, too. 

Edited by Old Scrotum

Was there any season under Aitken where he didn't completely spunk his budget and need bailed out by the Trust? Even in his first season we had players being paid off before they'd even kicked a ball.

Quite fitting that our most recent fund raising event probably contributed to paying the wee fanny off.

Am I correct in thinking that when Jim Chapman was put on gardening leave after really poor run of results the next game saw us win 4-1 to East Fife?

I'm sure I remember the look on his face as he left the ground having watched the same players he had turn in a Duffy-esque performance.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was there any season under Aitken where he didn't completely spunk his budget and need bailed out by the Trust? Even in his first season we had players being paid off before they'd even kicked a ball.

Quite fitting that our most recent fund raising event probably contributed to paying the wee fanny off.

"Spunk", "fanny" - is there something you're not telling us? :whistle

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Kevin Nisbet though lads. Some player!

32 minutes ago, Wardy said:

7242143E-A205-431D-9AEF-8843CCFEBB18.jpeg

Some Raith fans seem to have a bit of a weird obsession with us.

All we pointed out is that Nisbet had a very underwhelming time with us. I don’t recall many Raith fans being particularly excited about signing him at the time. He’s absolutely banging them in now, as several other strikers who were poor under Aitken have gone on to do. Fair play to him. 

Edited by FifeSons

Raith have a very weird obsession with us.

Acht after the slagging we took from Dumbarton fans for signing Nisbet then Loy choosing yourselves over us we’re surely allowed to lord it up a wee bit...for now anyway. Nisbet is a stick on to be our next injured player.

How was he deployed?

He’s played on the wing, as a wing back, as part of a front 2 and as a lone striker with us so far.

Well for us he was deployed as a lone striker but probably spent more time in the wing back position tbh as we were desperately trying to hold on to 1-0 defeats.