Sons' sorrow

The most important signing will be Murray himself. Good sign that he appears to be planning for next season but I'll be happier when I hear he's put pen to paper.

Whilst I agree it's good for us (Murray signing), it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll still be here in August.

I love pre-season, seeing who will be kept on, unfounded rumours, surprise signings and gambling on unknowns. Can't wait for the signing spree to begin in earnest.

I've been told that a certain Scandinavian hero will be making a return next year...

Whilst I agree it's good for us (Murray signing), it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll still be here in August.

I've been told that a certain Scandinavian hero will be making a return next year...

Is he bringing Armand One with him?

Lazy journalism at it's best. Bigger club aye, but you are in a c**t of a state with a mental chairman. Even is he goes there and gets Morton back up at the first time of asking, is that really a success? He'll be expected to win that league and anything else is failure. He'll go upwards to a full-time club, no doubt.

Lazy journalism at it's best. Bigger club aye, but you are in a c**t of a state with a mental chairman. Even is he goes there and gets Morton back up at the first time of asking, is that really a success? He'll be expected to win that league and anything else is failure. He'll go upwards to a full-time club, no doubt.

Maybe the challenge of day to day interaction with players etc could be a temptation for Murray regardless of Morton's league status?

Maybe the challenge of day to day interaction with players etc could be a temptation for Murray regardless of Morton's league status?

Murray is a smart guy. I'm sure he knows fine well there are bigger clubs keeping tabs on him and I just don't see him going to the basket-case that is Morton FC in order to further his career. St. Mirren, IMO, would be a far more viable move for him, if not to a bigger club than that.

EDIT - I could be wrong but I seem to remember Murray commenting on Hartley's resignation at Alloa (which cited being tired of only seeing players twice a week) and he said that whilst it can be frustrating he didn't see it as a valid reason to resign.

Edited by The Moonster

Murray is a smart guy. I'm sure he knows fine well there are bigger clubs keeping tabs on him and I just don't see him going to the basket-case that is Morton FC in order to further his career. St. Mirren, IMO, would be a far more viable move for him, if not to a bigger club than that.

EDIT - I could be wrong but I seem to remember Murray commenting on Hartley's resignation at Alloa (which cited being tired of only seeing players twice a week) and he said that whilst it can be frustrating he didn't see it as a valid reason to resign.

Fair enough. Just putting it out there that a move to a full-time set up would be a step up in terms of player involvement from where he is now.

The St Mirren angle seems a bit unfair on Danny Lennon imo. Lennon has achieved Premiership status with games to spare and I wouldn't have thought his job was in peril.

Fair enough. Just putting it out there that a move to a full-time set up would be a step up in terms of player involvement from where he is now.

The St Mirren angle seems a bit unfair on Danny Lennon imo. Lennon has achieved Premiership status with games to spare and I wouldn't have thought his job was in peril.

Lennon's contract is up at the end of the season I believe and rumours are they will part company. Could be wrong but I used St. Mirren more as an example of the type of club Murray may move to as opposed to actually suggesting it will happen.

My crystal ball says Murray will sign a new 2 year deal with us before departing to Hibs around Christmas when Butcher gets the elbow after Hibs indifferent start to life in the Championship.

I'm not even taking the Morton 'rumour' seriously.

My main worry is Kilmarnock at the minute. They have been in freefall for some time and the Killie fans I know have been calling for Johnston's head for months now.

If Murray ends up at Killie I blame Pete.

I win either way :)

I can't believe managers still take the job at Hibs. It should be the kind of job that no-one will touch. It's cursed.

I used to say the same about working for Romanov. Great way to add 'sacked' to your CV