Sons' sorrow

Trialist keeper looks quite young, played well though. I'll try and identify him in the second half same with the sub trialists.

Playing some nice possession football and the goal was beautifully worked and perfectly finished by Kirky. Been an entertaining and promising half!

Lumsden maybe committed to the u20 in the development league.

Yeah, but we have Grindlay and Ewings signed up, with Lumsden as the emergency back up. Playing a trialist tonight suggests we're looking at another keeper. Just find that strange.

Liked Rogers a lot, was very quick off his line and had no chance with any of the goals. His kicking was excellent as well, almost always found his man.

Was it Campbell who came on? Thought it looked like him but he was awfy far away and awfy small!

Think we played less well in the 2nd but still a positive performance as the subs started to ruin the game a bit. Van Zanten put in some excellent crosses which we either wasted or were saved brilliantly by McGovern.

Finally thanks to Thommos pal who told me who the keeper was! Not sure if he's on P&B but cheers!

Onto Thistle and the new top on Saturday.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Sutherland never saw much of the ball to be fair, I thought archie looked really lively, quick, although seemed to be played wide, would've liked to see him through the middle playing off nish instead of Fleming, worth a punt in my opinion,as is rogers

Edited by optimistic

The best aspect of Rogers for me was that he didn't hesitate or stay on his line, quite a few times the ball came past the defence and he came haring out to clear it. That could be very useful considering the age of some of our defenders. Looking forward to seeing how the trialists play on Saturday but I reckon all three are worth a punt.