Sons' sorrow

I may change my mind a bit once I see how it looks in person but I'm not overly fussed about the away one. It's better than some of the efforts we've had but it's just ok I think. Loving the look of the home one though.

I take it the kit launch thing from last year was a one off because of the 150th or is there plans for something similar this season? 

Very decent shirts which I hope will sell well and get us some revenue. Hats off to whoever designed/sanctioned them. 

I'd also like to see us sort a sponsor sooner rather than later (hopefully with a logo that's sympathetic to the designs!) as we need the cash. Would be a bit embarrassing to be only non sponsored side in the league as well. 

23 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'm actually not too offended by the pink one. It isn't my favourite ever but it's quite nice! Home one is very nice too!

Classy home top.  I like it.   Male testicles tend to retreat automatically at the mention of pink, but I felt mine re-emerge on sight of that away kit. 

A few years ago I suggested a purple with white sleeves away kit for Stirling.  A suggestion largely met by horror at the idea of purple.   About a season later we adopted an all purple away kit and everybody loved it, especially the players.  What fickle fechers we can be?

Looks like we wont be dishing out physical tickets this year but will provide a laminated QR code for any neanderthals who don’t yet use a mobile device. The weirdly ever so sought after cash gate will remain but the club would prefer folk to buy online where they can.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/new-ticketing-system/

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Looks like we wont be dishing out physical tickets this year but will provide a laminated QR code for any neanderthals who don’t yet use a mobile device. The weirdly ever so sought after cash gate will remain but the club would prefer folk to buy online where they can.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/new-ticketing-system/

Good move by the club and long overdue.

13 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Good move by the club and long overdue.

I agree, the wee paper book form of tickets were a pain in the arse. Easy to lose because they don’t fit into a wallet. A smart card would be a decent option if we had automatic turnstiles but I’m assuming we just have someone operating the turnstiles with a hand held scanner. 

I'm not a fan of e-ticketing. I don't like having to register for multiple websites just to go to a game of football. You can have 10 different ticketing platforms in a single division, meaning 10 different registrations and 10 different websites having access to credit or debit card info. There's no default integration with the likes of Google Wallet. I also don't like having to buy tickets in advance - fans should always have the ability to turn up at short notice, having decided that it isnt pissing down with rain and they fancy an afternoon at the football. At least we're offering the option of a cash gate. 

If it has to be digital ticketing by default then it would be far better for the SPFL to use a league-wide ticketing platform. 1 app. 1 ticket wallet. As many clubs as possible using the same system. I don't think that there's a significant need for e-ticketing within Scottish football at anywhere below the top flight. I'd rather we had the option of card payments at the turnstile than a need for QR codes. Drop your phone on the way to the game and you're humped. 

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'm not a fan of e-ticketing. I don't like having to register for multiple websites just to go to a game of football. You can have 10 different ticketing platforms in a single division, meaning 10 different registrations and 10 different websites having access to credit or debit card info. There's no default integration with the likes of Google Wallet. I also don't like having to buy tickets in advance - fans should always have the ability to turn up at short notice, having decided that it isnt pissing down with rain and they fancy an afternoon at the football. At least we're offering the option of a cash gate. 

If it has to be digital ticketing by default then it would be far better for the SPFL to use a league-wide ticketing platform. 1 app. 1 ticket wallet. As many clubs as possible using the same system. I don't think that there's a significant need for e-ticketing within Scottish football at anywhere below the top flight. I'd rather we had the option of card payments at the turnstile than a need for QR codes. Drop your phone on the way to the game and you're humped. 

You don’t need to buy the tickets in advance, I’ve bought one of ours walking to the game before. 

Providing 10 different ticketing platforms with your card details is safer than flinging your card into an outdoor ATM. As for signing up for 10 different platforms - that generally takes seconds and most phones will retain your sign in information which means after registration you can login with the click of a button without even having to remember your username or password - again this will be less time consuming and far more convenient than physically lifting cash.

I really struggle to see any arguments against it other than if you don’t have a phone in which case most clubs have alternative means. With everything still being manually operated the chance of any sort of technical glitch is slim to none.

I use e-tickets on the train and going to racing, so I don't see it being any big deal at all really. Aside from for older folk who aren't all that good with technology, but it sounds like they are being accommodated. As BBPF says, buying tickets at short notice is usually pretty quick too. I've bought tickets for games on my way in, and usually buy my train tickets from the platform.

I think the only thing I really pay cash for these days is a haircut. I'd be amazed if any clubs at a semi-decent level still have cash gates in about a decade. 

I will miss physical tickets for big matches mind you. I've got a saved PDF of an e-ticket I had for AC Milan against Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League last year, but I'd have loved a proper, old-school ticket from that. Just to keep in a box somewhere.

I signed up to (probably) more than ten clubs during the two seasons that we could stream matches and it was seamless and quick. A qr code on my phone is great as I don't have to check multiple times on a matchday that I've definitely got my ticket.

On 27/06/2023 at 11:09, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think that may have been there longer than Faz!

On 27/06/2023 at 11:54, The Moonster said:

It was the man who "tought" Faz so well that put that there I believe. 

Is that Aitken? Those slogans have been on your dressing room wall since at least when we were playing you in the Championship.