Sons' sorrow

Was just coming on to mention how sandy the pitch is. Alarming for the start of July even without factoring in that Broomhill will be sharing.

Just now, DFCTTFM said:

The amount of sand on the pitch at this stage is alarming. How is it going to survive the winter?

Yeah, so that was a strange friendly. 

New signings looked good: Hilton was amazing imo, young showed some good ability. Although, I thought crighton was absolutely rubbish, I get again its a friendly and all but he was rotten. Malcolm aswell, looked completly lost and putting him at centre half didnt help. That young trialist (Aaron mason?) Looked really good, we should look at signing him.

Hebburn seemed to think this wasnt a friendly at all. Some of the players (mainly no.3) was doing some proper shithousery and flying into tackles. They werent anything special and we made them look better.

Both positives and negatives to take from the game, onto the next one I guess!

Edited by DFCTTFM

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm more concerned about the reports on the pitch.  Have we retained last season's groundsman ?

That's my concern too. And the width of the pitch if anyone who was there could answer? I did see a pic and certainly looked as though it's the same as last season.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm more concerned about the reports on the pitch.  Have we retained last season's groundsman ?

I wasn't expecting anything else in regards the pitch. A groundsman absolutely phoning it in every week and a board that don't seem to care as long as someone is renting it from them. But sadly there's f**k all me or you can do about it. I actually feel for Faz and the players here, must be soul destroying turning up for your first game to a beach. 

46 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

Yeah, so that was a strange friendly. 

New signings looked good: Hilton was amazing imo, young showed some good ability. Although, I thought crighton was absolutely rubbish, I get again its a friendly and all but he was rotten. Malcolm aswell, looked completly lost and putting him at centre half didnt help. That young trialist (Aaron mason?) Looked really good, we should look at signing him.

Hebburn seemed to think this wasnt a friendly at all. Some of the players (mainly no.3) was doing some proper shithousery and flying into tackles. They werent anything special and we made them look better.

Both positives and negatives to take from the game, onto the next one I guess!

Are you serious?  The trialist had a nightmare.  

Hilton looks a player.