Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

We knew the pitch was a shambles last year. If the club have done nothing to rectify it over the summer then that's negligence on an almost criminal scale. TBH I'd probably go a player short in the squad and try to bring in a loan as cover than scrimp on pitch maintenance again. For the sake of 1 squad player, I'd much prefer we invested the money into the park. Greg Wylde - does he really bring anything to the group that a properly funded groundsman wouldn't?

😂 The levels this c**t Wylde once played at and we're now having a serious conversation about trading him out for a lawnmower. What a serious fall from grace.

But I agree, a decent pitch would be preferable.

4 hours ago, DFCTTFM said:

I was meaning more in terms of the higher ups like said owners etc.. I know of some at the club who do have the club at heart and are trying as hard as they can. No disrespect meant towards the sonstrust and fellow volunteers like them... its just really hard to watch as a fan and its heartbreaking how much of a decline we have had

With the greatest respect please go back and read my post carefully.  Whilst the Sonstrust (and others) have individuals in place who are both supporters and volunteers, we also have people who can seriously negotiate the politics and finances of club ownership, unencumbered by blind faith or family ties.

And that time is fast approaching.

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

With the greatest respect please go back and read my post carefully.  Whilst the Sonstrust (and others) have individuals in place who are both supporters and volunteers, we also have people who can seriously negotiate the politics and finances of club ownership, unencumbered by blind faith or family ties.

And that time is fast approaching.

Ah right, yeah I get you now. Sorry, should of caught on to what you meant earlier!

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Hebburn's manager described our pitch as "beautiful". So maybe we're all wrong :lol:

Clearly our management team didn’t think so. I’m hearing Franko and the groundsman exchanged words before kick off and that Franko wasn’t best pleased in the slightest with the state of the pitch. 

Can't really add anything on the pitch that hasn't been said. The whole situation perfectly exemplifies how incompetent the board are. To not only proceed with the sharing arrangement (and with a team that are much more of a credit risk than Rangers lol), but to keep the same clueless groundsman. It is beyond belief. I'm glad to hear the management are giving the groundsman an earful. I hope they'll be knocking on the chairman's door, too.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Clearly our management team didn’t think so. I’m hearing Franko and the groundsman exchanged words before kick off and that Franko wasn’t best pleased in the slightest with the state of the pitch. 

Jesus wept. I know we're a PT club etc but you'd think there would have been some kind of interaction between management and the groondsman prior to strolling on the pitch for the first match of pre-season.

Edited by George Parr

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Hebburn's manager described our pitch as "beautiful". So maybe we're all wrong :lol:

Are we likely to have highlights from Saturday do we know? Having paid £10 for absolutely nothing it would be nice to catch some of the action, alongside my refund.

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Are we likely to have highlights from Saturday do we know? Having paid £10 for absolutely nothing it would be nice to catch some of the action, alongside my refund.

The Pixellot was humped on Saturday as far as I know. So I don't think there will be any from our side.

I don't know if Hebburn were filming the whole thing though. But they'll be our only hope I'm afraid!

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know there's a fair bit of doom and gloom on here. But fair play, that ticketing website is excellent. All done in under a minute.

That's good, but why wouldn't it be, is it not a third-party site with online ticketing being their business ?  

I've just tried to access a fixture list for the coming season on the DFC website without success - can anyone provide a link ?

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

29 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's good, but why wouldn't it be, is it not a third-party site with online ticketing being their business ?  

I've just tried to access a fixture list for the coming season on the DFC website without success - can anyone provide a link ?

The only one I can find that includes away matches and extends further than July is the news story of the fixture release. Why anyone thinks this is acceptable for a football club website is beyond me.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/2023-24-fixtures-revealed/