Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's good, but why wouldn't it be, is it not a third-party site with online ticketing being their business ?  

I suppose you could say that the current website was designed by a third party for whom web design is their business. And look how that turned out!

Like a number of people Jan, I seldom do these days.  

For me the previous website was excellent.On the first page you got all the info with the twitter feed.Brilliant layout.

The shit show we have now is dysfunctional a bit like the board.To say its amateurish is a slight on amateurs and anyone with half a brain would bring the old site back.

The conspiracy theorists among us might say ' shit website shit pitch shit customer service ( pay for a stream not get it and no refund)shit style of play etc etc..club goes down the pan ground is sold....but im an optimist and believe somwhow things will work out for the best.Maybe we need to ride out the storm.

12 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

High jinks at Station Park I see - Ray McKinnon stays ! 

With big Dunc quitting Forest Green it looks like Raymie is staying on.They will be serious contenders this year.Probably the team to beat.

14 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I imagine 1 of them will be the guy from Auchinleck...cant remember his name now.The other I have no idea.

Aaron Mason is the guy from Auchinleck. The other one looks like he has an absolutely outstanding head of hair. But I haven't seen him up close yet to try and ID him.

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aaron Mason is the guy from Auchinleck. The other one looks like he has an absolutely outstanding head of hair. But I haven't seen him up close yet to try and ID him.

I'd sign him based on his hair and the fact he's walking around like he's Berbatov.

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd sign him based on his hair and the fact he's walking around like he's Berbatov.

Genuinely looks like Edinson Cavani out there. Magnificent.

Anyway. This looks like a Premiership team against a League Two team. A few nice passages of play, but Saints are a real level above sharpness and speed wise. 

Couple of really poor goals to lose mind you. One from a corner we didn't clear in about four attempts and a howling OG from Harry after the St Mirren player had breezed beyond a few half arsed challenges and shanked a cross at him from about two yards.

Our system leaves us extremely exposed in wide areas when we lose the ball. Hopefully we can work that out over the next few games as it looks a risky set up. Positives are that Blair Malcolm looks a smooth operator in midfield and we are actually looking to play football. Couple of guys look off the pace but to be expected at this point. Definitely a much more positive team this year by the looks of it. 

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our system leaves us extremely exposed in wide areas when we lose the ball. Hopefully we can work that out over the next few games as it looks a risky set up. Positives are that Blair Malcolm looks a smooth operator in midfield and we are actually looking to play football. Couple of guys look off the pace but to be expected at this point. Definitely a much more positive team this year by the looks of it. 

We need more time and games to get sharper.Hopefully by August we will be okay.at least 5 games til then vs decent opposition.LC might be a hard watch against good FT teams.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Genuinely looks like Edinson Cavani out there. Magnificent.

Anyway. This looks like a Premiership team against a League Two team. A few nice passages of play, but Saints are a real level above sharpness and speed wise. 

Couple of really poor goals to lose mind you. One from a corner we didn't clear in about four attempts and a howling OG from Harry after the St Mirren player had breezed beyond a few half arsed challenges and shanked a cross at him from about two yards.

Ryan Strain running the game according to the Saints fans on their forum.

4 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Edin Lynch lads. Thoughts pls (Hasnt signed just preparing myself)

Not very good. I'm sure Jan will give you a comprehensive run down when he signs but he didn't offer us much over 2 years. Lowland League level IMO. 

Ryan Strain running the game according to the Saints fans on their forum.

Aye he was absolutely standout in the first-half. The best player on the park by a mile. I didn't know a lot about him before tonight, but he really caught my eye. 

Anyway, I can't add a lot to what Moonster said. We're trying to play a bit, which is nice to watch, and it does feel like there are positives there. But it will take time to get right. And we're maybe still a bit naive defensively, because Saints had a lot of joy down both sides.

That being said, they are a good Premiership team. And looked that tonight. We won't play against teams anywhere near their level in the league, and I'm fine with us not being as stuffy against the big boys if it means we can play a bit at our own level.

My biggest takeaway from the tonight is that Carlo Pignatiello is class at centre-half.

Cavani at CB was Aussie apparently, so that would tally with the name above. Dislocated elbow and it looked fairly horrific by all accounts, so hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. A real tough one to take as a trialist, poor big guy.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Edin Lynch lads. Thoughts pls (Hasnt signed just preparing myself)

Very, very, very raw.

He's quick, he's strong and he's not bad in the air. But he's not great on the ball, quite rash and a bit mental positionally at times. He'll also fire a minimum of seven balls directly out of play after an overlapping run every week.

As Moonster says, I think Lowland League is probably his level at the moment. But, with a lot of coaching and work, he'd probably be shaped into a competent RB or CB for this level.