Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, DFCTTFM said:

Honestly thought we played very well yesterday.

My MOTM would either of been Jinky or young both were outstanding imo. Pass marks all round as I thought we looked solid enough, midfield done well to chase down balls and drive us forward and ruth looks like a good piece of business, proper natural striker feels around him. Just hope he can get on the scoresheet soon to help his confidence out.

Thought our subs did kill us alittle bit, although ryan wallace done very well I thought. He looks like hes lost a bit of weight too and seems to be moving more freely.

Can't also forget we were missing Kalvin, malcolm, finlay(Assuming hes not aff it or whatever is happening with him) and C.wilson.

Obviously we won't know how things will go until the start of the league, but good signs are starting to show and dare I say it, i'm optimistic and looking forward to it. 

We may just have won a watch with Young in particular. Looks a very promising acquisition. Decent business by Farrell. 

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Highlights from yesterday are up. And they are a very fair representation of the game I'd say. We created a host of good chances, but just ran out of legs by the end.

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv23-24/230715

Nae stream and non Youtube highlights. We should be awarded the 3 points immediately. 

6 hours ago, Victor mcdade said:

Good luck to him.  Hope he can lose some fat and kick on again 

I hope he does lose some fat and kick on again too.  As for him being where he is now from what I’ve heard and from what we saw, his attitude must’ve been questionable at best given the condition he presented in for games in the latter part of his time with us.  He’s got the ability to play at a far higher level but it would rely on a sizeable change in attitude for the better,  he’s at the level he’s now at purely by his own doing as far as I’m concerned.

I see we are selling the strips as they are now, with no sponsor on the front. I assume the club are giving up hope of securing one and are now hoping shirt sales go some way to repairing that hole in the budget (which would be fanciful, IMO)? 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I see we are selling the strips as they are now, with no sponsor on the front. I assume the club are giving up hope of securing one and are now hoping shirt sales go some way to repairing that hole in the budget (which would be fanciful, IMO)? 

You didn't have one last year either did you or am I wrong?

Just now, The Moonster said:

That was by design, from what I've heard we tried for a sponsor this year but so far we don't have one.

Were you guys as fans onboard with that last season?

Quite ominous to be struggling for a main shirt sponsor especially with how part time clubs are feeling the pinch financially right now, we've even sold our naming rights for our ground due to it.

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Were you guys as fans onboard with that last season?

Quite ominous to be struggling for a main shirt sponsor especially with how part time clubs are feeling the pinch financially right now, we've even sold our naming rights for our ground due to it.

Last season was always going to be different. Shirt sales were very strong. As were sales of other 150th merchandise. The big issue with that is how much of the shirt and merch success was driven by the committee who were at the heart of the 150th activities and how little was down to club involvement. So the comparison isnt really whether or not fans were behind the lack of sponsorship last season because last season was a one-off.

The big question is the extent to which the board are even remotely capable of bringing in money this year? Because they weren't exactly active and successful partners in last season's efforts. Last season was a success with shirt and merch sales despite them and not because of them. There are serious doubts as to whether or not they're capable of running a football club and discounting the lack of a shirt sponsor last season, it's a culmination of over 2 years of weak leadership.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That was by design, from what I've heard we tried for a sponsor this year but so far we don't have one.

Not that I particularly want to help in any way 😂😂 

But do a raffle for it? Get fans to drum up business to local companies, we used to do it and make a whack on it. Fortunately now we have sponsors looking for long term deals so aren't having to do it. 

Also I'll start bidding off if not doing that and offer £50 for the front of shirt sponsorship and if I win I'll gift it to the "East Fife Community Club" 😂😂

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Not that I particularly want to help in any way 😂😂 

But do a raffle for it? Get fans to drum up business to local companies, we used to do it and make a whack on it. Fortunately now we have sponsors looking for long term deals so aren't having to do it. 

Also I'll start bidding off if not doing that and offer £50 for the front of shirt sponsorship and if I win I'll gift it to the "East Fife Community Club" 😂😂

We've raffled off other sponsorship and I dont think there's enough interest to make up the money we need for a shirt sponsor. The board are now operating a referral scheme in which fans can get commission if they refer a sponsor. I've never seen us do that before. 

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We've raffled off other sponsorship and I dont think there's enough interest to make up the money we need for a shirt sponsor. The board are now operating a referral scheme in which fans can get commission if they refer a sponsor. I've never seen us do that before. 

Wow that is fairly niche. Not sure how likely it is to work as if fans actually went out to sell it (I doubt most will as most just like turning up and watching) but unless given strict instructions of prices this could be all over the shop and being pitched at different rates to the same companies based on how much they think clubs make off them. Better doing that with advertising boards where it's a fixed fee with no negotiable factors. 

31 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Wow that is fairly niche. Not sure how likely it is to work as if fans actually went out to sell it (I doubt most will as most just like turning up and watching) but unless given strict instructions of prices this could be all over the shop and being pitched at different rates to the same companies based on how much they think clubs make off them. Better doing that with advertising boards where it's a fixed fee with no negotiable factors. 

I'm not sure what you mean. If someone refers a company who takes out a sponsorship package worth £1,000 they get £50 shop voucher, if they refer someone who invests more than £1,000 they get cash. Fans aren't selling directly, they're just showing someone the front door of the club.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Last season was always going to be different. Shirt sales were very strong. As were sales of other 150th merchandise. The big issue with that is how much of the shirt and merch success was driven by the committee who were at the heart of the 150th activities and how little was down to club involvement. So the comparison isnt really whether or not fans were behind the lack of sponsorship last season because last season was a one-off.

The big question is the extent to which the board are even remotely capable of bringing in money this year? Because they weren't exactly active and successful partners in last season's efforts. Last season was a success with shirt and merch sales despite them and not because of them. There are serious doubts as to whether or not they're capable of running a football club and discounting the lack of a shirt sponsor last season, it's a culmination of over 2 years of weak leadership.

^^^

This, absolutely this.  There has been a lack of dynamism for years but recently  the toxic ownership of the club has degraded public relations at a time when every business and supporter is struggling.  A dire combination.

But strip sponsorship isn't the biggest of our worries.

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure what you mean. If someone refers a company who takes out a sponsorship package worth £1,000 they get £50 shop voucher, if they refer someone who invests more than £1,000 they get cash. Fans aren't selling directly, they're just showing someone the front door of the club.

AHH alrighty I took it that they were acting as selling agents and coming to the club with " BP are paying £300 for the front of shirt sponsorship" etc 

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It also wouldn't appear on face value at least that your playing budget has decreased too much.

Edited by ScottishLoon

19 hours ago, George Parr said:

We may just have won a watch with Young in particular. Looks a very promising acquisition. Decent business by Farrell. 

I can only echo the comments on Young. I possibly forgot to mention his performance a wee bit because of the late drama, but he was very impressive.

He's still young. He'll make mistakes and he'll have bad games. But I thought, both defensively and offensively, he was really good on Saturday. He nipped in with a few well-timed interceptions and was good in the air. On the ball he was always finding a pass or a bit of space, and I like the way he crosses a ball. A few were maybe a bit close to Joshua Rae, but his whipped delivery on the run from tight areas out wide was very impressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Which could actually be applied to quite a few members of the new members of the squad; Jinky Hilton being another. He just looks like a really lovely footballer. All full of drive and effort, but with the confidence and swagger to try something a bit out of the ordinary. It's not often we've had a player like that.

Edited by Jan Vojáček