Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'll need to see it back, but the general consensus in the press box was that it was somewhere between an extremely soft penalty and a clear dive. Although he didn't have to get involved with the guy afterwards, not sure if that's why he got the second booking.

How was the grub? Press box sarnies at Livingston for the challenge Cup final were superb.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Lynas has filled in at CB lage on in games before to alright effect. Needs must I suppose. Didn't Carlo play CB in a pre season game?

As an absolute last resort or midway through a game when someone goes off injured and we need him to cover it’s fine. Starting your league campaign with him there against a team with 2 big haddy strikers that are about twice his size would be criminal IMHO. I think a backup centre back has to be a priority for Farrell, the last thing we want to be doing is chucking midfielders and right backs all over the place to cover when the simple solution would be to just sign someone who’s natural in that position.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

As an absolute last resort or midway through a game when someone goes off injured and we need him to cover it’s fine. Starting your league campaign with him there against a team with 2 big haddy strikers that are about twice his size would be criminal IMHO. I think a backup centre back has to be a priority for Farrell, the last thing we want to be doing is chucking midfielders and right backs all over the place to cover when the simple solution would be to just sign someone who’s natural in that position.

Expect to see Vata start there then.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was quite a soft penalty, but not a dive. Durnan had a complete heads gone out of nowhere. Started ragdolling Tiffoney who was still on the deck about a minute after the penalty was given. Just out of nowhere. As a Dundee fan, it was some laugh. I'd be absolutely furious if that was one of our players though, nevermind the captain.

Like I said, I'll need to see it back. But I can understand the heads gone to a degree if he felt it was a dive. Especially because he knew it would result in a second booking, which can't be pleasant as an ex-United player at Dens.

It's not an important game, and he shouldn't have got involved in all the scrapping afterwards. But we've all been there where our head just detaches when we feel we've been cheated. I've only seen the SNS photos and the way Tiffoney goes down is very Harry Kane-esque. But he's so quick and agile that any smidgen of contact probably is enough to draw a foul.

On the game as a whole, I was pleased with us overall. The last twice I've been to Dens we've lost 6-2 and 5-0, so avoiding a morale-sapping pumping was the main aim.

There wasn't a lot in the game in the first-half. Dundee missed a few great chances (and Brett made a few good saves) but if the sides had gone in at 0-0 or 1-1 it probably wouldn't have been an unfair reflection on things. We'd strung together some nice moves in the final third and forced a few corners via them.

Right from the start of the second-half it was all Dundee though. Like at Bonnyrigg we saw Ryan Blair and Div Wilson die on their feet, and when we lose central midfield we lose control of the game.

We couldn't get bodies up to support Ryan Wallace, and a lot of the guys just looked absolutely burst.

The subs maybe helped a wee bit, but the red card and penalty killed any chance of us doing anything. It was good to see Finlay Gray back, he is scarily rapid and was hammering into some excellent challenges. He looked very tired up to prove a point.

Carlo being fit earlier than scheduled was a nice surprise too, and Faz said afterwards that Blair Malcolm and Kalvin Orsi will train this weekend. They are both ahead of schedule as well.

Hopefully Dundee do the business against ICT and we can secure third in the group which, given our history, I'll take as a win.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

How was the grub? Press box sarnies at Livingston for the challenge Cup final were superb.

It's the most looked after I've ever felt at a game. A lovely man came up, took a pie stall order and then delivered it to my seat as I watched. That's not something you get in League Two.

I felt like someone important. 

The pie was lacking gravy, but the meat was decent as was the pastry. A solid 7.5/10. The half point coming for the fact it was free and delivered.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's the most looked after I've ever felt at a game. A lovely man came up, took a pie stall order and then delivered it to my seat as I watched. That's not something you get in League Two.

I felt like someone important. 

The pie was lacking gravy, but the meat was decent as was the pastry. A solid 7.5/10. The half point coming for the fact it was free and delivered.

I think they call it a 'peh' in Dundee 😉

40 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Great news to start a Thursday morning, suspect it can be sorted very easily by actually submitting what we need to. However, why it's got to this is another matter

Screenshot_20230727-072605.thumb.jpg.952e51ffe4c6cbdd151e243647e49f37.jpg

What exactly are our board doing right now? The manager takes care of the football team, we have a commercial guy running that stuff, a media guy running that, a general manager and assistant running the day to day...surely all that's left for McKay and Colin Hosie is to ensure the clubs documents are up to date? 

Fucking useless. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What exactly are our board doing right now? The manager takes care of the football team, we have a commercial guy running that stuff, a media guy running that, a general manager and assistant running the day to day...surely all that's left for McKay and Colin Hosie is to ensure the clubs documents are up to date? 

Fucking useless. 

My big concern is if they're not doing the stuff like filing accounts. Is there other, bigger and more important things they're not doing as well? Now, this might be just assuming the worst but I mean it's the type of question it creates

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

Great news to start a Thursday morning, suspect it can be sorted very easily by actually submitting what we need to. However, why it's got to this is another matter

Screenshot_20230727-072605.thumb.jpg.952e51ffe4c6cbdd151e243647e49f37.jpg

This happens every quarter, then they submit at the 11th hour. Bunch of clowns.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

You are to us, Jan 🥰

🥰

Genuine question whilst I'm here. Do the good people of P&B think that there's a market for putting match reports back online, especially with the website being a shambles? 

It's something I did after every game with Covid, but as the world returned to normal the workload kicked up a gear and it became too time consuming. I could easily chuck them up every Monday afternoon though if folk (especially outwith the circulation email) wanted a read?

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

🥰

Genuine question whilst I'm here. Do the good people of P&B think that there's a market for putting match reports back online, especially with the website being a shambles? 

It's something I did after every game with Covid, but as the world returned to normal the workload kicked up a gear and it became too time consuming. I could easily chuck them up every Monday afternoon though if folk (especially outwith the circulation email) wanted a read?

Please do mate. I also mentioned in email to Trust I'm happy to do anything needed when I joined on Saturday.

Moving back to Glasgow in November so again anything the club needs helping with an available etc 

You get quite a good view of the penalty here. Tiffoney knows what he's doing and, Durnan is suckered into it. Do I think it should be a penalty? Nope, Tiffoney leaves his leg in. Would I be claiming for it if it was at the other end? Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You get quite a good view of the penalty here. Tiffoney knows what he's doing and, Durnan is suckered into it. Do I think it should be a penalty? Nope, Tiffoney leaves his leg in. Would I be claiming for it if it was at the other end? Absolutely.

That's a stonewall penalty for me. Yes, he does leave his leg behind a bit but I've seen much worse than that. Durnan has lunged in late there and got nowhere near the ball and made good contact with Tiffoney.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Would be even better if half the screen wasn’t covered by the scoreboard lol

4 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Looks like the club website has gone on holiday.

That's exactly what has happened 👇

On 26/07/2023 at 16:22, Jan Vojáček said:

The guy who normally does the preview is on a break at the moment with a few things going on in his personal life, and his replacement is away on holiday. So that probably explains why.