Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I see we had the sponsor on the tops yesterday so hopefully it is a deal to the end of the season. Could just be it's not been taken off however. Although if we get paid either way this time that would be nice

Would be nice if the club announced major sponsorship deals and put to bed any thoughts that the board are again being naive...

Edited by The Moonster

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Would be nice if the club announced major sponsorship deals and put to bed any thoughts that the board are again being naive...

It would be nice, communication of anything to with the non-playing side of the club would actually be good know what the f**k is going on.

I went on the website just to see if I could something buried on there about the sponsor. Couldn't help but notice the results part on the first page is still from November. No idea if that's the club that sort that or the person who made it but again, pretty ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst I have no idea about insurance and whatnot, you are speaking about players like they are cars here. All clubs should have a duty of care towards their players, whether they have no resale value or not and if that means spending cash on an operation instead of signing your 3rd goalkeeper then so be it. They are part-time players who need to make a living outside of football and don’t earn enough from it to fund things like this themselves. I’d like to think the club contributed a good amount towards the operation so I’ll refrain from criticising them until I know the facts surrounding that.

One club who do have a brass neck funding for operations are East Kilbride and the chicken man. f**k knows how much they are splashing on wages and other such fees.

The players will have their own insurance through the PFA Scotland to cover loss of earnings if it affects their full time employment I believe. All SPFL clubs also have critical illness and personal injury cover on behalf of their players through the SPFL group policy. They'll also still be getting paid under their existing club contract (appreciate one of the players you are discussing here is amateur and that's unfortunate). If the injury is something that actually affects their everyday life then the NHS will eventually deal with it. The point in private surgeries is generally to get players back quicker.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It looks like he’s a winger? 

I was really hoping for a natural striker. We’ve spent far too long watching wingers fail to make an impact upfront during Farrell’s tenure.

Aye, Queens Park have him as a "Forward" but others have him as a left winger. Young and not much to go on as to whether he will offer us anything. Only time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was really hoping for a natural striker. We’ve spent far too long watching wingers fail to make an impact upfront during Farrell’s tenure.

Not helped by the baffling decision to play 50% of our matches on a pitch with constricted width that often resembles a tattie field. It's a wonder that any creative players manage to flourish at all in our team. 

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He’s a wee winger that left Arthurlie for QP last Xmas.

27 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

He’s a wee winger that left Arthurlie for QP last Xmas.

He sounds like a cracking player based on the reports I’m reading but it‘s not really the position I expected us to strengthen when we’re so light up front. If Michael Ruth picks up an injury then we could be in a bit of bother.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hope you're not including Michael Garritty there.

32 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He sounds like a cracking player based on the reports I’m reading but it‘s not really the position I expected us to strengthen when we’re so light up front. If Michael Ruth picks up an injury then we could be in a bit of bother.

He was a bit of a one man team at Arthurlie.Really quick and skilful.

It'll never happen obviously but Uncle Faz probably suited better to a role in player recruitment and leave the management to someone competent.

His recruitment over the piece at both Stranraer and Dumbarton has been really excellent on the whole for this level.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It'll never happen obviously but Uncle Faz probably suited better to a role in player recruitment and leave the management to someone competent.

His recruitment over the piece at both Stranraer and Dumbarton has been really excellent on the whole for this level.

Nail, head, squarely hit.

11 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Aitken was quite similar IIRC. Probably had his fair share of stinkers that Jan or Dave could rattle off, but the parting gift of Dom Thomas on loan was a real highlight. I wonder if, as mentioned on the Terrace podcast, Faz being such a 'people-person' is his strength in recruitment. Probably also why he has managed to hang on to a role he's about 2 years past expiry in, and indeed why he got it in the first place (recall someone on here saying one of the secretaries or something mental had a say in his appointment).

Edited by FifeSons

24 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Yep, been saying this for a long time now. You can't question most of his recruitment. Getting players like Carlo and Durnan (albeit permacrocked) to drop down to join us shows exactly this. The players buy into what he is saying and things but surely, if we keep failing to achieve anything, even that belief had a shelf life.