Sons' sorrow

Very good point is how poor Stranraer actually are. I thought they were one of the worst sides I can remember seeing in recent memory in the two home games.

Don't worry, though, guys. It was actually a very even game and Stenny got pumped the other week, so it can happen to anyone!

I see that Stenny can clinch the title at our gaff on the 30th. I really want it to happen so that Neil Mackay has sit and watch their celebrations and host their celebrating directors post match. Here’s what you could’ve won Neil, if you weren’t such a useless, spineless waste of space.

It will certainly be the closest Uncle Faz will get to a league trophy. 

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see that Stenny can clinch the title at our gaff on the 30th. I really want it to happen so that Neil Mackay has sit and watch their celebrations and host their celebrating directors post match. Here’s what you could’ve won Neil, if you weren’t such a useless, spineless waste of space.

It will certainly be the closest Uncle Faz will get to a league trophy. 

Wanting another team to clinch the title on our ground is perverse in the extreme

On the question of how to make a protest effective, I'd suggest that all of those of us on here that are regular attendees and aggrieved at the shambles going on shift our seats to a single block. Boos, chants, banners (always effective), are more effective and impactful when coming from a concentrated group/area as opposed to spread sparsely around the stadium. Also outside the entrance to the ground before the game,  whether that turns out to be 20 people billed as a loony minority or not it gets the point across. Alternatively we can all moan on here, do nothing, sit on our hands, feel helpless and watch the club we love be slowly killed as we sit in silent apathy.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Whilst I’m not against the idea of people protesting, it wont make a blind bit of difference when it comes to Mackay. The guy genuinely doesn’t care about supporters or what we think. He has no interest in communicating with supporters. When was the last time he provided us with any form of update? After we were relegated when he told us about the floodlights and GPS vests? 

Past regimes may have had a private member clubs mentality but I don’t ever remember a chairman at DFC who views supporters as a hinderence rather than the lifeblood of the football club. Without us there is no Dumbarton  FC and Mackay would do well to remember that.

Perhaps @Sons Fan could convey to the chairman how unhappy the support are and could approach the chairman for either an update or a Q&A with supporters? 

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

On the question of how to make a protest effective, I'd suggest that all of those of us on here that are regular attendees and aggrieved at the shambles going on shift our seats to a single block. Boos, chants, banners (always effective), are more effective and impactful when coming from a concentrated group/area as opposed to spread sparsely around the stadium. Also outside the entrance to the ground before the game,  whether that turns out to be 20 people billed as a loony minority or not it gets the point across. Alternatively we can all moan on here, do nothing, sit on our hands, feel helpless and watch the club we love be slowly killed as we sit in silent apathy.

Tennis balls, toilet roll, all seem to be effective forms of protests in other games, more so down south. Would effectively cause the game to stop whilst stewards remove the offending items

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Tennis balls, toilet roll, all seem to be effective forms of protests in other games, more so down south. Would effectively cause the game to stop whilst stewards remove the offending items

Tricky to organise without the club getting wind of it beforehand, though.

18 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

IMG_6013.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst I’m not against the idea of people protesting, it wont make a blind bit of difference when it comes to Mackay. The guy genuinely doesn’t care about supporters or what we think. He has no interest in communicating with supporters. When was the last time he provided us with any form of update? After we were relegated when he told us about the floodlights and GPS vests? 

Past regimes may have had a private member clubs mentality but I don’t ever remember a chairman at DFC who views supporters as a hinderence rather than the lifeblood of the football club. Without us there is no Dumbarton  FC and Mackay would do well to remember that.

Perhaps @Sons Fan could convey to the chairman how unhappy the support are and could approach the chairman for either an update or a Q&A with supporters? 

Better to protest than not. A standpoint of inaction means he/they is/are free to continue doing as they please.

The hedgehog thinks it's doing the right thing by standing still in the road when a car comes.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A supporters Q&A is something that the Trust has suggested amongst a greater discussion about fan engagement and communicating with fans about the club's current position and future intentions.

Unfortunately its not something that the chairman is likely to do himself. He has already ruled out public meetings where he'd be available for supporters to question directly.

The club needs to realise the importance of engaging with fans and to find away that the chairman is able to do that. I think it's a major weakness of the club right now. As for Mackay not caring what supporters think? Nothing could be further from the truth. Our chairman cares deeply about what fans think. Not necessarily in the way that fans would want and not to the extent where he's wiling to put himself out there in a public meeting to answer questions and talk with fans. But as recent events have shown, criticism does get to him and he's said on several occasions that the air of negativity around the club is a source of significant worry.

Actually clearing that air by communicating with fans and being available on a more personal level? Therein lies the problem and it's one that won't easily be solved.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

A supporters Q&A is something that the Trust has suggested amongst a greater discussion about fan engagement and communicating with fans about the club's current position and future intentions.

Unfortunately its not something that the chairman is likely to do himself. He has already ruled out public meetings where he'd be available for supporters to question directly.

The club needs to realise the importance of engaging with fans and to find away that the chairman is able to do that. I think it's a major weakness of the club right now. As for Mackay not caring what supporters think? Nothing could be further from the truth. Our chairman cares deeply about what fans think. Not necessarily in the way that fans would want and not to the extent where he's wiling to put himself out there in a public meeting to answer questions and talk with fans. But as recent events have shown, criticism does get to him and he's said on several occasions that the air of negativity around the club is a source of significant worry.

Actually clearing that air by communicating with fans and being available on a more personal level? Therein lies the problem and it's one that won't easily be solved.

He is the source of the negativity. Honestly fucking delusional.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Better to protest than not. A standpoint of inaction means he/they is/are free to continue doing as they please.

The hedgehog thinks it's doing the right thing by standing still in the road when a car comes.

The only protest which will register is a financial one.  The club is utterly skint and Cognitive is the banker of last resort - neither will welcome a drop-off in income.

Having long assumed that Stevie Farrell is effectively Director of Football - I can think of no other club which would not have acted on his record even before last night's latest shitshow - I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket as a protest against the supporters being gaslighted, but each to their own.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The only protest which will register is a financial one.  The club is utterly skint and Cognitive is the banker of last resort - neither will welcome a drop-off in income.

Having long assumed that Stevie Farrell is effectively Director of Football - I can think of no other club which would not have acted on his record even before last night's latest shitshow - I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket as a protest against the supporters being gaslighted, but each to their own.

Starving the club of income is a difficult protest to get folks to join, also it has potential pitfalls re: the health and future of the club. Remember that no-one turning up and no money through the gate suits the carpet baggers down to the ground as it justifies and enables them to close, move, relocate,sell off etc.