Sons' sorrow

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Marc Kelly confirming on Twitter that he’s offski.

Did a job and got a goal but always more of a squad filler to cover injuries. Step up from LL looked a bit too much but wish the guy well. 

Exciting announcements will follow soon but, for now, let’s enjoy this success. Sincere thanks to all who have made it possible and congratulations to those who made it happen.”

Wonder what the announcements could be 

2 hours ago, super-son said:

I wouldn’t bother reading the club statement to be honest.

I think the statement is fine, everyone mentioned does deserve recognition.  We don't taste success all that often and a high-five is perfectly acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the statement is fine, everyone mentioned does deserve recognition.  We don't taste success all that often and a high-five is perfectly acceptable. 

It is fine, but I don’t think it warrants the heading BOARD STATEMENT. That usually implies that there is new information being offered.

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

It is fine, but I don’t think it warrants the heading BOARD STATEMENT. That usually implies that there is new information being offered.

You're reading too much into it

Is anyone planning on going to the club shop this morning for this sale? There’s a couple home tops I never got round to picking up in the last few years but I’m not off for the bank holiday so would need to scramble in on my lunch! 

27 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Is anyone planning on going to the club shop this morning for this sale? There’s a couple home tops I never got round to picking up in the last few years but I’m not off for the bank holiday so would need to scramble in on my lunch! 

I'm not but I'm sure if you messaged Denise she would hold them back for you.

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, was hoping to hear on some squad movements but maybe waiting until Faz has spoken to everyone. 

Probably something will appear today or tomorrow.

Personally adding to Marc Kelly's departure I would add the 2 wilsons, and the 2 Blairs, Declan Byrne and Pat O neil.

We have an edge this yrear as we are on a par with ALL the top PT clubs in Scotland.There are none in the Championship.If we have a decent budget theres no reason we cant add some decent players to the squad this year.It also boosts the chances of keeping Gray and Ruth while maybe tempting back Gallagher and Newbury.

All ifs and buts but we have a chance which we wouldnt if still in L2.

8 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Probably something will appear today or tomorrow.

Personally adding to Marc Kelly's departure I would add the 2 wilsons, and the 2 Blairs, Declan Byrne and Pat O neil.

We have an edge this yrear as we are on a par with ALL the top PT clubs in Scotland.There are none in the Championship.If we have a decent budget theres no reason we cant add some decent players to the squad this year.It also boosts the chances of keeping Gray and Ruth while maybe tempting back Gallagher and Newbury.

All ifs and buts but we have a chance which we wouldnt if still in L2.

Div Wilson and Ryan Blair are already signed up so it might be difficult shifting them on. Declan Byrne is already gone is he not?

We might be in the same league as other part time sides but I don't think we're on a par budget wise. Arbroath, Alloa and Montrose are all very well backed by their respective owners and boards. Kelty have lost a bit of funding but still seem capable of pulling some decent players in. I suspect we'll have a similar budget to Annan with Stenny probably being slightly ahead of both of us. 

I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Gray Or Ruth coming back. Newbury and Lennon seem reasonable options if their clubs are letting them out for another season. Steven Warnock who has been released from Kilmarnock would be a good option IMO, chat of him potentially going part time.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Div Wilson and Ryan Blair are already signed up so it might be difficult shifting them on. Declan Byrne is already gone is he not?

We might be in the same league as other part time sides but I don't think we're on a par budget wise. Arbroath, Alloa and Montrose are all very well backed by their respective owners and boards. Kelty have lost a bit of funding but still seem capable of pulling some decent players in. I suspect we'll have a similar budget to Annan with Stenny probably being slightly ahead of both of us. 

I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Gray Or Ruth coming back. Newbury and Lennon seem reasonable options if their clubs are letting them out for another season. Steven Warnock who has been released from Kilmarnock would be a good option IMO, chat of him potentially going part time.

Yeah Byrne went in January after the Rangers game. Signed for Bonnyrigg, but doesn't seem to have featured much. So I assume he's broken down again.

Warnock looked really decent for Edinburgh City a season or so ago I'm sure. I'd be delighted if he was someone we were looking at and able to get in. Fits the Gray/Ruth mould of a player taking a step back from full-time football for regular gametime, with the desire to get back up there.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I never understood why Wilson and Blair were offered deals in mid-season when both had become squad players and we didn't know how the season would end.  I really think we should have waited.