Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Have these in my office and wondered what else do people have from our history?

IMG_1285.jpeg

The scarf I wear sometimes is from the boghead days and I remember being far too overly excited when I got a programme signed by the team and Michael Dickie dropped it off at my house.

21 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

IMG_1285.jpeg

Got a (now probably very deflated) signed by the team match ball from the last game at Boghead.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Talking of budgets, Kelty’s will be considerably bigger now Inverness are going to be using their stadium as a base for training now. 

Doubt Inverness have much money to pay Kelty.

Can't argue much but I reckon Lynas isn't anywhere near the standard. He's been a squad player in the league below who occasionally looked out of his depth, so I don't think he is good enough to step up a league. I'd also like to assume (stupid I know) that the 3 remaining players aren't offered terms at all.

Interesting that Ross Maclean is listed as under contract too... are we likely to see him return??

Posted (edited)

The supporters bus will be raging, but as I've already said, I wouldn't have offered Lynas a new deal.

I'd be telling Ryan Blair and Div Wilson to find new clubs and I wouldn't offer any of the guys yet to discuss a deal. My suspicion is he will do the opposite on all of that (other than Paddy O'Neil).

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Can't argue much but I reckon Lynas isn't anywhere near the standard. He's been a squad player in the league below who occasionally looked out of his depth, so I don't think he is good enough to step up a league.

Nail on the head. I actually think Lynas may turn it down in search of more regular playing time.

Posted (edited)

Lynas alongside Mark Durnan was a far more  accomplished defender. As was highlighted at Ainslie Park. I'd not be upset if we kept him. Especially if we run a tight squad where he can cover full back, centre half and midfield. 

Edited by PWL

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Lynas alongside Mark Durnan was a far more  accomplished defender. As was highlighted at Ainslie Park. I'd not be upset if we kept him. Especially if we run a tight squad where he can cover full back, centre half and midfield. 

True, but then the problem there is that you're doubling down on Mark Durnan, who is barely averaging 20 games a season for the last 5+ years.

I understand Lynas being kept on but not sure I agree with it. One I'm not overly fussed about as long as we're bringing in good competition for centre back. Orsi, Gray and Ruth are the ones we're all waiting for though if we're honest. Depending on which of them sign up shapes how you attack the market from there. If none of them sign we have some job on our hands. 

33 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Can't argue much but I reckon Lynas isn't anywhere near the standard. He's been a squad player in the league below who occasionally looked out of his depth, so I don't think he is good enough to step up a league. I'd also like to assume (stupid I know) that the 3 remaining players aren't offered terms at all.

Interesting that Ross Maclean is listed as under contract too... are we likely to see him return??

Hopefully not, seems like he lost interest in us and used work as an excuse, perhaps not accurate but that is my feeling.  Would be frustrating to let him walk back in.  I also think we can do better now.

40 minutes ago, PWL said:

Given the majority of his performances were due to Durnan being injured, I wouldn't bank on this being reason enough for keeping him. He also showed up well enough in his first couple of games before being found out and fast becoming a weak link that was targeted every week by the opposition. 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

What's the script with the manager's fund btw? Is it still going? Do we get to know how much is in it?

Very little as far as I'm aware.  It has been used a few times in recent seasons to help get deals over the line but I don't think there's now much by way of input.

I personally don't contribute as I don't see why the supporters should be plugging gaps when the club Board and the ownership seem incapable of generating funds.  It was meant as a modest backup, nothing more.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't see why the supporters should be plugging gaps when the club Board and the ownership seem incapable of generating funds. 

Agreed, though if an extra £50-£100/week convinced Mikey Ruth to stay, I'd be tempted.

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

IMG_1285.jpeg

I've got three signed balls. 83/84, 14/15 and 22/23. 

20240524_164554.jpg

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Very little as far as I'm aware.  It has been used a few times in recent seasons to help get deals over the line but I don't think there's now much by way of input.

I personally don't contribute as I don't see why the supporters should be plugging gaps when the club Board and the ownership seem incapable of generating funds.  It was meant as a modest backup, nothing more.

Any future money the supporters give to the club should have a return of shares on it.