Sons' sorrow

Defender on loan from Celtic confirmed on the OS. Stuart Findlay.

Can't say I'm dismayed at this as we definitely need to stop leaking goals, and let's hope there's more folk to come. There was a rumour concerning Joe Thompson of Celtic but that may have come to nought.

I see the lad was on loan at Morton last season, somebody please tell me he didn't feature in their last league fixture :o

Shit, just noticed he scored Accies 9th with an OG :lol:

Welcome aboard Big Man !

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

#Topbantz #Playerinteraction #Kindofabigdeal

In all seriousness though our defence has needed reinforcing and with neither Mair nor Taggart filling is with confidence he could be just what's needed, doubt Celtic would've kept him on if he was a diddy.

Now for the easy bit, a 10 goals 'til the end of the season striker...

post-33799-14214218681474_thumb.jpg

I thought the boy was excellent in a piss poor team. If he is nearly as good, you have a good signing. Better than Taggart, Campbell and McLaughlin put together.

Excellent player, one of only two I would've kept that season. Would have him back in a minute.

He was one of the very few positives last season. Looked a real prospect. Heard we tried to get him back as well.

Looking good...

To be fair, Mair was a long time injury. And has looked quite assured, hearts game apart, Taggart has looked ok, despite playing centre half, right back, holding mid, but best alongside Andy Graham, findlay does sound promising mind you

I've got to be honest and say with the exception of Cowden away Mair has been a monumental disappointment. Him and Andy just don't play well together and he gets turned far, far too easily at every opportunity. I was slightly more impressed by Taggart at centre back but he often doesn't look comfortable there and his positional sense is that of a player being played out of position.

Judging by the comments on here and Findlay's pedigree he could prove to be every bit as good a signing as Mikey Miller was this time last year.

To be fair, Mair was a long time injury. And has looked quite assured, hearts game apart, Taggart has looked ok, despite playing centre half, right back, holding mid, but best alongside Andy Graham, findlay does sound promising mind you

Mair was dreadful against Rangers. He was schooled by Jon Daly.

Taggart was better than mair at centre back. Probably not a coincidence that was when we had a few clean sheets on the go.

But I still think we need improved there.

Findlay sounds good, plays in the scotland youth teams with mcginn may McLeod gauld etc.

Judging by the comments on here and Findlay's pedigree he could prove to be every bit as good a signing as Mikey Miller was this time last year.

Here's hoping. Always a bit if a gamble bringing in youth but given his parent club, U21 involvement and comments from Morton fans I'm feeling positive about this signing.

Priority now is for a striker. Although I still feel our Achilles heel is in the left-back position.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Stuart Findlay or any other loanee, but as already mentioned the continued practice of loan signings rather does throw into sharp relief the existence of a youth scheme which has not until now actually provided graduates to the first-team.

And yes, I realise that young McCallum and Whitefield have both recently been given first-team numbers but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Are we in danger of having a youth structure that ticks various boxes in order to get funding to continue to provide a youth structure that ticks various boxes in order to get funding to continue to provide a youth structure, etc., etc., with the core business of the club, ie the first-team existing in some parallel universe ?

And yes 2, it is difficult to blood youngsters in the Championship. So how have the likes of Accies and Falkirk managed it ?

Straight away, you have to say, full time, managers have more time with players, for us, several have looked good, yet Murray releases or loans them out, mckerracher/Coleman, both of whom, fans wanted to see more of, mc'callum may get his chance very soon, but I'd say there's something missing between youths and first team, maybe full time is the answer?

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Stuart Findlay or any other loanee, but as already mentioned the continued practice of loan signings rather does throw into sharp relief the existence of a youth scheme which has not until now actually provided graduates to the first-team.

And yes, I realise that young McCallum and Whitefield have both recently been given first-team numbers but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Are we in danger of having a youth structure that ticks various boxes in order to get funding to continue to provide a youth structure that ticks various boxes in order to get funding to continue to provide a youth structure, etc., etc., with the core business of the club, ie the first-team existing in some parallel universe ?

And yes 2, it is difficult to blood youngsters in the Championship. So how have the likes of Accies and Falkirk managed it ?

Better set ups, bigger investment and the fact they are full time.

We have had nothing coming through from our pro youth system since Chapman left. I have recently had a couple of dealings with the pro youth head coach regarding a couple of players and I am extremely disappointed with the outcome.

Until the club appoint someone with drive, enthusiasm, knowledge, professionalism and a decent manner the clubs youth system will only go backwards.