Sons' sorrow

What happened after the game on Saturday? I have heard reports of a bust up between some of the players and Ian Murray, some players being told they were not applying themselves enough and being told that they could leave if they want.

What is all that about?

What happened after the game on Saturday? I have heard reports of a bust up between some of the players and Ian Murray, some players being told they were not applying themselves enough and being told that they could leave if they want.

What is all that about?

Where did you hear this? I don't think there was a lack of effort, we just have no creativity or bite up front. End of the day alloa deserved to win but it was two cracking strikes and a rare f**k up from danny after what was probably a handball on the halfway line.

Apparently we have let Duggan go back to partick now that we are safe.

Increasing the budget requires more money and unless me or you win the lottery it's hard to see where we're getting that much more money from that we would make a serious challenge for 4th.

Maybe, although if Murray's the man they want will they really let ~£10K get in the way? I honestly don't think compensation will be a stumbling block for anyone who wants to take Murray. If we were to start haggling over compensation the likely outcome is that Murray resigns and takes the job anyway leaving us with hee-haw.

He can't do that when he's under contract. It would be considerably more than £10k to buy out a year of his contract.

He can't do that when he's under contract. It would be considerably more than £10k to buy out a year of his contract.

Of course he can quit and go elsewhere. Look at Hartley with alloa to dundee.

Doubt Murray would do that to us though.

I am in England so I don't see the Scottish papers.

Do you not read them?

Could be. I don't really bother reading them. Just weird if a national paper actually gave any sort of a story on us, the local papers hardly get anything right for a start!

Of course he can quit and go elsewhere. Look at Hartley with alloa to dundee.

Doubt Murray would do that to us though.

Really? If we were stopping him from moving to a full-time club why wouldn't he? He has no affiliation with this club and he owes us nothing, if we were to be an obstacle in him going somewhere he wanted to further his career he'd be doing that in an instant. I would anyway.

Do you not read them?

I'd rather eat my own shite.

Where did you hear this? I don't think there was a lack of effort, we just have no creativity or bite up front. End of the day alloa deserved to win but it was two cracking strikes and a rare f**k up from danny after what was probably a handball on the halfway line.

Apparently we have let Duggan go back to partick now that we are safe.

:( The curse of putting a player near my profile strikes again.

Could the two stories be connected? Muzz could've fallen out with Hacksaw?

Could be completely wrong tbf. That's what a partick supporting mate said. Same guy told me we were looking at him before it was announced to so maybe some truth in it.

Just noticed his Twitter location has changed to Australia. Looks like he is gone.

Edit: That was supposed to have Thommo's quote, not mine. Dang.

post-33799-14289368592807_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Really? If we were stopping him from moving to a full-time club why wouldn't he? He has no affiliation with this club and he owes us nothing, if we were to be an obstacle in him going somewhere he wanted to further his career he'd be doing that in an instant. I would anyway.

I'd rather eat my own shite.

Id be disappointed if he done a rage quit and fucked off. But anyway I can't see us stopping him going if that chance comes about since he has always said his ambition is to go full time.

Murray's quite right to go through them after Saturday's performance. Regardless of the tactical set up the players should be giving more than they have done on our recent trips to Cowden and Alloa. Petrie in particular was very lazy, at times he was just wandering around.

If we play like that and our manager doesn't give them a bollocking for it then I'd be questioning why.

The match report in the Sun today didn't pull any punches. Murray's comments were scathing regarding the application of some of our players. Can't comment on any post-match bust up but Murray certainly didn't leave anything to the imagination with his newspaper comments.

If something has happened then it'll likely have been a player overhearing the manager talking to the journo writing the match report and not taking it well. That said, I doubt they'll be happy if they read today's Sun.

From the Record:

Ian Murray "There are one or two whose commitment we questioned after the game. We have three games left to put things right but if people don't want to be here that's not a problem. If they think it's time to move on that's fine and I have said that to them"

Interesting team selection on Saturday then.

Hmm. How did we finish last season and when do we normally start contract talks? I remember the players all resigning after murray signed the new contract last summer.

Perhaps there is some disquiet over new contracts or bonuses. Wasn't at alloa or cowden so cant comment too much on them. What I do know is that the team put in a great performance against hibs and that players like to know whats on offer or sign up before hitting magaluf.