Sons' sorrow

I heard a few guys speaking about it in the supporters bar on Saturday. I don't think he's great , but he's far better than lower league 2. Would be a decent addition to any league 1 team imo.

Id say the same. Quite young as well I wouldn't have him down as a league 2 player.

Just checking back on this seasons league attendances and deduce our average home league attendance is 1074. This despite having the big 3 in the league this season. If you remove a third as away supporters you are talking less than 700.regular dumbarton supporters despite now being in the championship for three seasons.

Compare this with season 2003-04 when we finished third in division two which was then the third tier. That season the league average was 1050 despite playing against teams like airdrie Forfar and Berwick rangers. It would appear the dumbarton core support continues to drop despite the side being relatively successful. Hopefully the move to a new and bigger ground will attract more supporters or our core support could dwindle to 300- 400 especially if we are relegated in the future.

Cowden had an average of 1400 - helped by their bigger capacity for Category A games no doubt.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Archie Campbell and Scott Linton away: http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1849

Both hardworking players, sad to see them go.

Surprised to see Linton go, although he wasn't outstanding at left-back he did a decent enough job most of the time. I'd have him over Mark Wilson in that particular position.

Campbell was very meh, ran about a lot but never threatened a great deal. Good luck to both (apart from against us) in the future.

Edit: I notice it says "set to move on", not released. Could they have rejected new contracts, or already have something lined up for next season maybe?

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Edit: I notice it says "set to move on", not released. Could they have rejected new contracts, or already have something lined up for next season maybe?

I'd assume it means they will leave once their contracts expire at the end of the month and they have been informed of this.

Archie Campbell and Scott Linton away: http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1849

Both hardworking players, sad to see them go.

I guess we'll be back to looking like headless chickens at throw-ins again (as we have been in far too many of the years I've been supporting the club.) At least Linton gave the option of lobbing it long..

100% the correct decision not to retain Archie. Offered nothing.

Linton was ok at times, but his positioning and lack of pace was apparent, teams often took advantage.

Hugely disappointed with how Megginson's season panned out. Based on this season alone he's been pretty hopeless but out of the 3 he's the one I rate the most.

Meh, meh and meh.

I dont think any of them have had good seasons though the quality of opposition has been testing.

i think we carry quite a small first team pool, although there are a few who've had poor seasons, there are a few more who have been injured and found form hard to maintain. Applying that, I'd keep gils, ct, kirky, dvz, and wilson.

Obvious keeps are taggs, andy g, aggy and fleming.

We obviously need to strengthen in numbers and quality, the trick is adding both.