Sons' sorrow

To be fair I read that over a certain distance that findlay is a the quickest player at celtic.

I

Is there a defender in the uk faster over the first 5-15 yard mark which is crucial in the modern game?

Just checking back on this seasons league attendances and deduce our average home league attendance is 1074. This despite having the big 3 in the league this season. If you remove a third as away supporters you are talking less than 700.regular dumbarton supporters despite now being in the championship for three seasons.

Compare this with season 2003-04 when we finished third in division two which was then the third tier. That season the league average was 1050 despite playing against teams like airdrie Forfar and Berwick rangers. It would appear the dumbarton core support continues to drop despite the side being relatively successful. Hopefully the move to a new and bigger ground will attract more supporters or our core support could dwindle to 300- 400 especially if we are relegated in the future.

Just checking back on this seasons league attendances and deduce our average home league attendance is 1074. This despite having the big 3 in the league this season. If you remove a third as away supporters you are talking less than 700.regular dumbarton supporters despite now being in the championship for three seasons.

Compare this with season 2003-04 when we finished third in division two which was then the third tier. That season the league average was 1050 despite playing against teams like airdrie Forfar and Berwick rangers. It would appear the dumbarton core support continues to drop despite the side being relatively successful. Hopefully the move to a new and bigger ground will attract more supporters or our core support could dwindle to 300- 400 especially if we are relegated in the future.

Johnny, if and it's a massive if, a new ground were to materialise then there's every chance the core support could drop further considering the location and access.

As regards season 2003-4, perhaps the novelty of Sons being in the mix after a long time out of it plus some entertaining games were contributory factors. And nowadays the football experience at Dumbarton is simply too dear for all but the diehards.

I think it is great value at Dumbarton. Was a season ticket holder for many years at Celtic and you got taken for granted every year. At Dumbarton I have been made welcome since I got my season ticket three years ago. Have made some good friends and I have got some more of my pals to be part of the core support.

Will most definitely be a son's season ticket holder for as long as I am able.

Build it and they will come.

Could be due to the increase in ticket prices. 20-22 quid to watch Dumbarton when people can hop on a bus at the harp/masonic and go watch celtic or rangers respectively for an extra tenner.

Season tickets are good value but we're realistically not going to sell any more than we currently do, pay at the gate ticket prices are ridiculous (we are not alone in Scotland with this) and it needs addressed. By time u go with someone, pint before the game get a programme, half time draw, pie, bovril, pint after the game it's nearly £70 between you, tell me this appeals to anyone other than the diehards? Even the so called 'big' clubs can't get fans in, someone drops their prices and the rest will follow, we won't due to our limited attendance!

Heard today Clyde are signing Archie Campbell.

Any other goss?

Is he any good?

Who else you got? We seem to be signing most of our players from you guys.

Edited by Jack Burton

How did you hear this?

I heard a few guys speaking about it in the supporters bar on Saturday. I don't think he's great , but he's far better than lower league 2. Would be a decent addition to any league 1 team imo.

Is he any good?

Who else you got? We seem to be signing most of our players from you guys.

You can have Lee Mair if you want. He's utterly garbage, but is leaving us so I guess he must be Broadwood bound.