Sons' sorrow

Archie Campbell has his detractors, I think he's ok to keep as a squad player, to come on as a Sub for the last 20-30 minutes.

His pace stretches a tiring defence in the latter stages of a game. Livi away, earlier in the season springs to mind.

Talking of Livi, heard that C Turner is a signing target for them.

Would like to see Grindlay perhaps get a run out in our final match v Raith, its his testimonial year and possibly his last chance for a goodbye, even bring him on for the last 1/2 hour would be a nice gesture.

Why would Turner want to drop down a division or are you lot looking to punt him?

Don't think there's many in the squad that I'd be actively looking to get rid of as most can do a job. Equally I can't think of any that I d be particularly disappointed to see leave. It really depends on who we can bring in because the squad undoubtedly needs freshening up

Won a penalty if I remember right and will cause teams problems, Gils hasn't got near the box!!

A soft penalty at that, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep him. "Will cause teams problems", the fact is he hasn't caused teams problems, highlighted by the fact that we can only point out 2 contributions he's made. His finishing is also woeful, Falkirk goal aside.

Gils isn't nearly as effective going forward as he used to be but we don't lose many goals down the right hand side and a lot of that is down to the work he's putting in, work that actually does produce something for us. I wouldn't be entirely disappointed if Gils did go, but I feel he has a use in the squad.

Simply put, Gil suffers from playing half of every home match under the full glare of the home support. Every mistake is quickly spotted and picked up on. There's assuredly better players out there in his position and we'll possibly pick one up in the summer but he's far from worst in the current squad and I certainly wouldn't grudge him another year at the club.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Astounded that folk think Campbell deserves another year. Some folk clearly just dislike Gilhaney and look for mistakes/faults to criticise him for. He's no world beater but he's absolutely miles ahead of Campbell in the new contracts queue.

3 new strikers please. It's no coincidence we have been horrific since Kane left.

Gils performs to the best of his ability no matter the task handed to him. The fans (and directors) who for some reason single him out for criticism, are predictable and tiresome. If we can get a better player then that's fine but I'd think carefully about releasing him. If we did he would almost certainly flourish elsewhere, as Prunty did whilst we searched in vain for a striker.

Significant that Andy Graham gave Gils a mention in his players of the year nominations. I wouldn't disagree with that.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Prunty has flourished in the league below us, in the opposite way that Kane was scoring for us but not yet for St J.

I like Gils and Taggart, they bring a versatility thats needed when running a small squad

Prunty has flourished in the league below us, in the opposite way that Kane was scoring for us but not yet for St J.

I like Gils and Taggart, they bring a versatility thats needed when running a small squad

You have a point but Prunty had a decent scoring record with us.

You have a point but Prunty had a decent scoring record with us.

67 starts and 31 goals is a very decent record. I don't think he would be getting into double figures in this team but he'd certainly have scored 6 or 7 for us which would be an enormous help.

Who does everyone want to see come up from league 1/relegated from our league??

Get Livi tae, one of a select group of clubs I genuinely hate. Forfar to win the league and Alloa to stay up in the playoffs would do me perfectly. I don't particularly wish to hack off my legs to squeeze into Cappielow and watch us get beaten again, and we never beat Stranraer.