Sons' sorrow

I think we need a centre half, im not fully convinced by darren barr yet, can't really mind him making one tackle today that stood out, saying that not many got pass marks from me.

I personally think we need a centre hawf and a striker.

Craig Reid would seem a decent option, can play CB and can also cover RB should Taggart get injured.

I'm not convinced by Craig at all, him and Fleming are too similar. A goalscorer would be perfect with Craig being a solid option from the bench.

I personally think we need a centre hawf and a striker.

Craig Reid would seem a decent option, can play CB and can also cover RB should Taggart get injured.

I'm not convinced by Craig at all, him and Fleming are too similar. A goalscorer would be perfect with Craig being a solid option from the bench.

Id take reid, bit of a twat off the park it seems but no caring if he does the business on it. Is he a free agent the now? Seen st mirren were linked before they took Watson.

Andy Graham's prolonged applause to the supporters at the end of today's game would suggest that he's offski.

Thought that too Wilf, and whilst it's perhaps a hard one to take, it might be needed. Dependent on who we get in of course. Time for Stee to earn his crust.

The S08 kiss of death is incoming...

Consider Smith snogged.

Andy Graham's prolonged applause to the supporters at the end of today's game would suggest that he's offski.

Yup, I suspect the same. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. A cracking servant to the club, and a very decent footballer.

As I said above, it's hard to take as he's been excellent for us in this division and an absolute example but we're now a new team and if he doesn't fit in then a hard goodbye is better than things boiling over. By all accounts Andy's family are hardly fans of Aitken.

All the best to him wherever he ends up, Andy Chase forever.

Edited by The Moonster

It's a shame to see it confirmed that Andy is away. You could tell he was saying his goodbyes at the end of the game.

I think he could still have done a job for us in squad terms but he's still got a few years of football left in him and it's probably better for him to be playing regularly. That added to losing the captaincy and it was probably no surprise to see him go.

Interesting to see who we bring in. Talk of a striker and a defender? We really need something different up front because it just aint working with Craig. I'd hoped that it was down to having an interrupted pre-season and that he'd come on with games but so far it isn't happening for Steven Craig. I didn't expect him to be a big goal scorer but I hoped that he'd be a useful target man - trouble opposition defenders, hold the ball up, bring others into the play and give us a few goals. We're only 6 competitive games in but we're just not getting it from him. Today was a perfect example - he rarely held the ball up or brought others into the game and when he drifted wide to try to drag his marker with him and create a bit of space, we didn't get anybody forward to take advantage. I'm hoping it'll come good for him and that when we're settled we'll see the best of him but right now the jury is still out.

As for the likes of Miller and Smith? I'm just not sure what they actually add to the squad.

I think we have to be realistic with who we aim for or who we have, Fleming and Craig have just put in three phenomenal shifts against arguably three of the biggest teams in the division, where we're not expected to get anything, yet gained 6 points, I trust in them , when it comes to playing the likes of alloa and livi, that's where they should be judged, we can't afford Adam Rooney fo example, but I would like some pacy wee striker to compliment them, but every team wants that.

Good luck to Andy Graham, been an absolute hero for the son's,

Good luck Andy Graham

Difficulty with a team like us in keeping squad players happy. I assume Miller also I'm that category. Hopefully we bring in a couple of players better than we have .

I did say after Tuesday that I worry that we look like we will struggle to break Alloa,livi down .

Await with interest this weeks developments.

Andy Graham has been a magnificent servant to Sons and we should all wish him well, I'm surehe'll be snapped up and he would not have wanted to cool his heels away from first team football.

However, there are other concerns, not least that so early in the season the squad is already undergoing a rigorous MOT. Andy is now away, Miller presumably likewise, Smith looks to offer nothing so whoever is coming in we had better hope the judgement is more precise this time.

The striking department is a real concern and we have hardly threatened the opposition goal in open play in three league matches. Today was dire and if nothing else it proved that Craig and Fleming cannot be employed together up front; Garry is at his best facing the opposition goal as opposed to backing onto it.

Perhaps too, having both Cawley and Gibson in the starting line-up is a luxury we cannot afford right now.

Andy Graham has been a magnificent servant to Sons and we should all wish him well, I'm surehe'll be snapped up and he would not have wanted to cool his heels away from first team football.

However, there are other concerns, not least that so early in the season the squad is already undergoing a rigorous MOT. Andy is now away, Miller presumably likewise, Smith looks to offer nothing so whoever is coming in we had better hope the judgement is more precise this time.

The striking department is a real concern and we have hardly threatened the opposition goal in open play in three league matches. Today was dire and if nothing else it proved that Craig and Fleming cannot be employed together up front; Garry is at his best facing the opposition goal as opposed to backing onto it.

Perhaps too, having both Cawley and Gibson in the starting line-up is a luxury we cannot afford right now.

You had me in complete agreement up until the last line. I don't know who else we'd play there, without going for a narrow 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 with Taggs and Docherty as wing-backs. Gibson and Cawley are our two main creators, almost everything we do comes through them in an attacking sense and both are wonderfully hard working defensively. I don't think I've seen such hard-working wingers in all my time. Not afraid to do the dirty work.

We signed a heck of a lot of players in the summer, was it 14 or something? So a few were always going to be gambles/duds/not suitable. Stee's signings on the most part (Barr, Buchanan, Docherty, Routledge, Gallagher, Gibson, Cawley etc) have been far superior to the players we had last season (Mair, DVZ, Wilson, Duggan, Easton etc) I fully trust Stevie to get in the right players. A defender and striker would be ideal, but they must be good quality.

A young, quick finisher upfront would compliment Garry and Craig perfectly. But they are too similar, and whilst their strength causes team's issues their lack of pace is very evident.

All will be mended when Chris Kane returns ;)