Sons' sorrow

What's everyones allstar Dumbarton squad from your life time of supporting Sons?

With the age range of posterd on here it might be an education for me

My memory only stretches back to about 06/07 (I've managed to erase a good chunk from my memory as well, but that shouldn't matter. We were rank anyway! I obviously still remember a few from slightly longer back, but no' many.

I reckon a team along the lines of this would be no' bad:

Vojacek*

McGinn Collins Gordon Brittain

Geggan~ Agnew S.Murray^

Flannery Dobbie Prunty

Honorable mentions to those who've just missed out: Chris Kane, Gordon Lennon, Derek Carcary, Ross Clark, Iain Russell, Kevin Nicol, Garry Fleming and Jimmy Lister.

* My hero, used him as an inspiration when I was playing and I've still got his gloves. He wasn't as good as Rodgers last season, but my Jan tinted spectacles tell me he has to be in the team.

~ Could've played him anywhere in the team to be honest. Loved his drive and passion, and he was a quality player by the time he'd left us.

^ One of the most entertaining players I've ever seen. His end product was almost always poor, but his incredible stepovers and goal against Berwick were moments of magic.

I trust the older Sons on here will take my new-era lads team to bits with tails of the glory days, but my team would be far fitter than theirs!

Oh aye, stick Chizzy :wub: on the bench as well. Not very good, but what a tremendous man :wub:

What's everyones allstar Dumbarton squad from your life time of supporting Sons?

Started doing this and realised that most of my team will be made up of players from our most recent years as it's no doubt the best teams we've had in my lifetime but I've tried to keep as many from my younger days as I can. Shoe-horning one or two into unnatural positions too but f**k it.

D. McEwan

McGinn -- Collins -- Lennon -- Brittain

Russell -- Turner -- C. Gibson -- Agnew

Mooney -- Flannery

Subs: Ward, Grindlay, Lister, Hringsson, Murray.

Started doing this and realised that most of my team will be made up of players from our most recent years as it's no doubt the best teams we've had in my lifetime but I've tried to keep as many from my younger days as I can. Shoe-horning one or two into unnatural positions too but f**k it.

D. McEwan

Mooney -- Flannery

There's not much getting through that midfield. Cracking line up fig

D. McEwan

Mooney -- Flannery

aggy on the left? No way

doubt your old enough to remember him, I barely remember mcadam and Coyle but stood out enough to name them,loved watching allan Moore, forgot about Hugh ward

I was 5 years old and loved watching Gibson and Mooney (hence my name on here). I couldn't tell you any of the teams we were playing, or the scores, but I could tell you that I loved watching Gibson maraud around the pitch.

Not sure about the best, as for me that would really just be the team we have just now as it's clearly the best squad we've had in my time following the team, but my favourite team would be made up like this:

Stephen Grindlay - deserves to be included after years of service to the Sons and a local lad too.

Craig Brittain - the best left-back I've ever seen in the famous black and gold, a hero for his years with the club through ups and downs and a nice guy to boot.

Mick Dunlop - Could play as a centre half or a left back, uncompromising in the tackle and made up for his limited pace by reading the game well.

Andy Graham - Solid centre half, natural leader and a great guy. I once bumped into him in the club carpark and exchanged a few words with him before attempting to walk off to get a pint, but he wouldn't let me go until he'd spent a full five minutes telling me how the team would improve, Ross Forsyth would come good at centre half and he'd drag them up by their boots.

Paul McGinn - really talented natural fullback with pose pace and balance. No surprise he's now a regular for a top 6 team in the Premiership.

Stevie Murray - Loved him at Killie and loved him at Sons. Never got to the byeline or put in a cross once in his life and he vercomplicated everything. Just made me love him all the more.

Andy Geggan - Great engine, really versatile and a nice lad. Would always welcome him back here, even though I'm not sure he'd make the team these days.

Kevin Nicoll - The big man wasn't just a cult hero because he was hard, but also because he was the solid base that our performances were built on, and he wasn't afraid to turn out at centre half and even left back when needed to. A proper team player. Nice lad as well.

Willie Gibson - Enjoyed his time at Killie and hated him at that time in equal measure for some of his antics towards fans/club and tendency to have offdays, but he's now seeming like he's managed to wrangle his ego and is letting his football do the talking. Really talented and a pleasure to watch when he's in full flow.

Stephen Dobbie - Clearly overweight when he joined us on loan, it was obvious immediately that he was a cut above the level we were at and his performances for us heped him kick start his ailing career and it's nice that he's openly credited his time with us as the platform he needed to go and become a success.

Jim Lister - A surprise signing and one that proved my initial skepticism wrong. His year with us was a purple patch for him and he was glorious to watch.

I would pay precisely all the money to watch that team.