Sons' sorrow

If they have three players called up, and request it, then they will get it. It is a rule, not a hopeful appeal.

Ah, that increases my knowledge on it certainly. I didn't realise it was a ruling. That's ridiculous in itself, but given that it's Sevco that are involved, it'll definitely get moved now. Even if the players in question don't really kick a ball for their club side...

Point still stands, what a complete and utter lol Sevco are.

I can understand the ruling if you have a team of internationals and it will significantly weaken you. The fact that 2 of the 3 'internationals' don't even get a game makes it even more laughable.

Not to mention we are part time and moving it to a Tuesday night will be a major inconvenience for many of our players I'm sure. Not to mention fans! But hey ho! Who Cares about us eh?

I can understand the ruling if you have a team of internationals and it will significantly weaken you. The fact that 2 of the 3 'internationals' don't even get a game makes it even more laughable.

Not to mention we are part time and moving it to a Tuesday night will be a major inconvenience for many of our players I'm sure. Not to mention fans! But hey ho! Who Cares about us eh?

"No one cares about us, we don't like"

Wouldn't the club normally have had tickets for Ibrox on sale by now, if this game was going ahead as planned?

Aye. Tomorrow is our last home game before we were due to play at Ibrox so seems likely that this was expected. Rules is rules so nothing we can do but there's a huge difference for us having to play midweek rather than on a Saturday. We also play Alloa the following Saturday so could be a knock on effect on that game

Ah, that increases my knowledge on it certainly. I didn't realise it was a ruling. That's ridiculous in itself, but given that it's Sevco that are involved, it'll definitely get moved now. Even if the players in question don't really kick a ball for their club side...

Point still stands, what a complete and utter lol Sevco are.

I see it has now been postponed and rescheduled, before the international squads are announced. I take it they've decided that's the most practical approach. I guess they can't wait until the squads are actually announced before starting ticket sales, arranging stewards, police, etc.

The rule (SPFL G7) actually says a club is entitled to apply for postponement "if three or more players who would otherwise have participated in the match are unavailable through international selection". I guess the SPFL could in theory refuse it if they thought that the players involved were not really likely to play first team. It's pretty unlikely though.

I'd actually be embarassed requesting a postponment against a part-time side because 3 youth players get a call up.

I'd imagine Rangers would pump us regardless but the Tuesday night is a huge disadvantage for us with our players being at work all day.

I tend to avoid Old Firm bashing for the sake of it but this really is a joke. Rules are rules I suppose but Rangers could have done the honourable thing and gone ahead with the match. Then again do they ever do the honourable thing?

Though we've all heard it 100 times before, Twitter is awash with rumours that we may not even have an opponent on the 1st. It's due to actions like this cancellation that I would be highly amused if this time the brown stuff did hit the fan.

Though we've all heard it 100 times before, Twitter is awash with rumours that we may not even have an opponent on the 1st. It's due to actions like this cancellation that I would be highly amused if this time the brown stuff did hit the fan.

Under which hashtag?

Surely there's a significant reduction in income for Rangers if this goes ahead in midweek, rather than the allotted Saturday?

Maybe not.

They're beating everyone in our League, so the triumpalist WATP GIRFUY horde will turn out in their droves to watch them annihilate another Diddy team.

It's their entitlement, y'know.

Adamson was dumped swiftly by Gilbert et al. Will Aitken receive more time?

QOTS and Rangers away over next two games is comfortably zero points. If we don't get points when we need them most we will be looking at League 1 in 2016.

I'm sure they will stick with him but what is the straw that will break the back?

QOTS and Rangers away over next two games is comfortably zero points. If we don't get points when we need them most we will be looking at League 1 in 2016.

I'm sure they will stick with him but what is the straw that will break the back?

To be fair, Adamson was dumped after failing to win a single game between August and (the 20th?) October. The team were a complete shambles and Alan was well out of his depth.

The Rangers game isn't in two weeks by the way. 1st of December I think it is. QOS (A), Raith (H), Alloa (H), Rangers (A), Alloa (A) IIRC.

To be fair, Adamson was dumped after failing to win a single game between August and (the 20th?) October. The team were a complete shambles and Alan was well out of his depth.

The Rangers game isn't in two weeks by the way. 1st of December I think it is. QOS (A), Raith (H), Alloa (H), Rangers (A), Alloa (A) IIRC.

However Adamson had guided a team through the play-offs (8 goals for 3 against), something Aitken failed to do last season. He (Adamson) was also having to cope with a club and team which had taken a giant step up, largely with a squad which had been signed for the second division (league 1). That squad (with a few additions) managed to survive in the higher league. Aitken came in to a club which has had three seasons at this level with a board far more generous in their backing than they had been with Adamson.

I see little prospect of the current squad avoiding relegation, no matter who is in charge. The squad was assembled by Aitken specifically for the Championship.

Successive defeats from Alloa, St Mirren and Livi in December? However I'm sure Aitken isn't the only manager apprehensively approaching December and the Dumbarton v St Mirren match.