Sons' sorrow

How Aitken can publicly slaughter Brown for that 2nd goal and not even mention Docherty's part in it is beyond me.

I'd rather the public blame game was avoided completely. Discuss it with the player, not the press.

To be fair he'll probably have realised when he saw it again. Now that I've finally watched it again I'd agree that Brown was caught in two minds and Docherty was sleeping. The highlights certainly didn't seem as bad as the game was.

Gary has played well this season. But he is better playing off a target man rather than being a target man. 442 suits him a lot better than 4231. He always gives 100 per cent and is not afraid to mix it physically. If he had a Roy McCormack or John Burke to feed off he would be scoring 20 goals per season.. The players we have are good enough aitken just has to find the right blend and tactics.

We'll agree to disagree. It's funny though, I don't hear much criticism coming Garry Fleming's way considering he's simply not as good as Chris Kane.

Of course he's not as good, but they are two different kind of players and they played together so not a replacement.

Half cut, but i'll vent anyway: a sonsteam mailing list member offered to try and run a smaller bus to Dumfries, and was met with a condesending tone from some of the hierarchy of the trust.

It's hard enough to keep a support this close to Glasgow without the golf club mentality. It's also not an isolated incident.

The trust does great work, but incidents like these tend to hamper it somewhat. I may be acting trivial, but it stuck with me somewhat.

Why would it be an issue to run a smaller bus? If it was to be ran alongside the usual bus I could see the problem with the numbers etc but why is it a problem if it was cancelled? I don't know the chap personally, and he could be a WOM but I thought it was a bit grim personally.

I normally use the bus but can't make tomorrow.

I couldnt see a problem, chap asked how many had booked already and was spoken to like a five year old.

Also agree with the smaller bus, if its unviable from a cash perspective that could be relayed.

Edited by Cruyff14

Half cut, but i'll vent anyway: a sonsteam mailing list member offered to try and run a smaller bus to Dumfries, and was met with a condesending tone from some of the hierarchy of the trust.

It's hard enough to keep a support this close to Glasgow without the golf club mentality. It's also not an isolated incident.

The trust does great work, but incidents like these tend to hamper it somewhat. I may be acting trivial, but it stuck with me somewhat.

Er, naw....A member of the Sonsteam List who comes across as permanent arse finally had his bluff called, and when push came to shove he failed to deliver. If the Trust had one person who actually contributed something for every ten wise guys we'd all be better off.

Er, naw....A member of the Sonsteam List who comes across as permanent arse finally had his bluff called, and when push came to shove he failed to deliver. If the Trust had one person who actually contributed something for every ten wise guys we'd all be better off.

Fair enough. I'll add I have a lot of time for the guy who does do the buses, good guy.

Surely a bus can be arranged, depending on numbers, it determines the size of vehicle required?

I'd rather still see a 30-seater going, if a 60-odd seater cannot be filled.

It's a shame for the folks who did put their name down for a seat on the bus this weekend.

Anyone who has ever tried to organise anything will have sympathy with Sonstrust.

I think that it's only really the big bus that works as far as giving the punters a decent price for the journey. The logistics of getting people committed to go, getting them to turn up and importantly getting them to pay is not really achievable by someone having an idea of running a smaller bus four days before the game. It sounds simple - it isn't.

Tommy has done a great job with the bus. If a way could be found to run a smaller bus viably then he'd have done it.

Anyone who has ever tried to organise anything will have sympathy with Sonstrust.

I think that it's only really the big bus that works as far as giving the punters a decent price for the journey. The logistics of getting people committed to go, getting them to turn up and importantly getting them to pay is not really achievable by someone having an idea of running a smaller bus four days before the game. It sounds simple - it isn't.

Tommy has done a great job with the bus. If a way could be found to run a smaller bus viably then he'd have done it.

Fair point.

Gary has played well this season. But he is better playing off a target man rather than being a target man. 442 suits him a lot better than 4231. He always gives 100 per cent and is not afraid to mix it physically. If he had a Roy McCormack or John Burke to feed off he would be scoring 20 goals per season.. The players we have are good enough aitken just has to find the right blend and tactics.

Wow! Garry Fleming is not a natural striker and is definitely not a player who could score anywhere near 20 in a season at this level. He has missed more chances than anyone in the team this season. Many of them pretty bad misses. He is best deployed in the middle of the park, but we don't have any other strikers and have too many central midfielder's to make that work.