Sons' sorrow

I don't enjoy the trips to Ibrox but I'd be fuckin devastated if we managed a miraculous result and I wasn't there. That's pretty much the only reason I go.

Absolutely this. We'll almost certainly be horsed...but imagine if we weren't and I missed it. I think I'd regret it for the rest of time.

To make my decision, I just weighed the probability of Dumbarton winning against the facts that:

We can't buy a goal

We don't look like beating the U20's never mind Rangers at the moment

Our players will no doubt be feeling the effects of a full shift before the game

It'll be cold and wet

It means putting up with arsehole Rangers fans

I'll need to rush to the game without any dinner.

Food at the game will be expensive so no dinner until after 10pm

Midweek games in winter are 8 times out of 10, utter shite.

So, enjoy the win lads. I'll be there in spirit but at the same time crying into my shitey home-made (but on time) dinner.

Edited by The Moonster

To make my decision, I just weighed the probability of Dumbarton winning against the facts that:

We can't buy a goal

We don't look like beating the U20's never mind Rangers at the moment

Our players will no doubt be feeling the effects of a full shift before the game

It'll be cold and wet

It means putting up with arsehole Rangers fans

I'll need to rush to the game without any dinner.

Food at the game will be expensive so no dinner until after 10pm

Midweek games in winter are 8 times out of 10, utter shite.

So, enjoy the win lads. I'll be there in spirit but at the same time crying into my shitey home-made (but on time) dinner.

We could field a team of 11 hungry, cold and fatigued Moonsters who can't buy a goal and I'd still be para I missed a historic win.

Plus Rangers will be done in after all those internationalists return from the gruelling trips away representing their countries.

Absolutely this. We'll almost certainly be horsed...but imagine if we weren't and I missed it. I think I'd regret it for the rest of time.

Exactly. Knocking them out on penalties in the Ramsdens Cup in 2012 after equalising in the 93rd minute with an offside goal is one of the best memories of my footballing life. Wonderful. You never know. We have scored on all four visits since, drew two of them (though one was an aggregate defeat anyway) and were 30 seconds from getting a point off them there this season. It could happen.

The table looks horrendous now, after Morton's win yesterday, we now have a little mini league of 4, although we do have 2 games in hand, presuming we win those, looking at it, it's not done anything for my confidence in staying up.

I wouldn't say it really looks any different at all. If Alloa had won that'd be a different story, but thankfully they got comprehensively John Baird'd like ourselves. It'll be between us, Saints, Livi and Alloa for the bottom 2. Morton and QOS are destined for mid-table obscurity.

The most concerning thing for me right now is the apparent clause in Murray's contract that would see him leave the Murn if they are down the bottom come Christmas.

That 9th position has got our name written all over it at the moment.

I wouldn't say it really looks any different at all. If Alloa had won that'd be a different story, but thankfully they got comprehensively John Baird'd like ourselves. It'll be between us, Saints, Livi and Alloa for the bottom 2. Morton and QOS are destined for mid-table obscurity.

The most concerning thing for me right now is the apparent clause in Murray's contract that would see him leave the Murn if they are down the bottom come Christmas.

That 9th position has got our name written all over it at the moment.

So you believe Raith have 4th place in the bag already, after 13 games even though they are 5th?

Ourselves, Raith and Queens will fight it out for 4th IMO. Top 3 will stay as is. I expect St Mirren to pick up, but it will take a tremendous run to overtake the 3 of us.

So you believe Raith have 4th place in the bag already, after 13 games even though they are 5th?

Ourselves, Raith and Queens will fight it out for 4th IMO. Top 3 will stay as is. I expect St Mirren to pick up, but it will take a tremendous run to overtake the 3 of us.

Calm down. The point I was making was that yesterday's game at Cappielow has no real impact on us. We're not going to catch Morton nor Queens and they won't be involved in the battle down the wrong end of the table with ourselves.

Morton might be a point clear of Raith at the moment, but they have two games in hand and one of them is against us. So I'd still have them at favourites for 4th, aye.

Calm down. The point I was making was that yesterday's game at Cappielow has no real impact on us. We're not going to catch Morton nor Queens and they won't be involved in the battle down the wrong end of the table with ourselves.

Morton might be a point clear of Raith at the moment, but they have two games in hand and one of them is against us. So I'd still have them at favourites for 4th, aye.

Perfectly calm thanks.

Favourites, I agree. I would have them as favourite too, but you suggested the top 4 was done and dusted in your first point and I was simply disagreeing with you.

I agree that the league already is, and will stay, split into 3 mini leagues. The top 3, a middle group fighting over the fourth playoff spot, and a relegation group. Every week I keep expecting St Mirren to start pushing on towards the middle group, and every week they keep proving that they're inadequate in that task.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Any curry served up anywhere other than a good curry house invariably tastes shite.

It's a great deal and I'd hope folk would take advantage of it if they can afford to do so. Even if the curry doesn't meet the Jumbo Muir criteria of being from a 'good curry house'. Any attempt from the club to provide us with a reasonably priced day in hospitality should be applauded particularly when funds are tight at this time of year.

FWIW - any time I've had food from the stadium it's been excellent. Will probably take the club up on this offer.

great idea the club have come up with for the Alloa game - curry & beer and well priced too. Hopefully plenty will take up the offer

It's a decent attempt to try and do something different. It would be good to have a bit of support from fans both for the lunch initiative and to turn out for the game. A cup run is something to look forward to and could be a kick start to doing better in the league.

I agree in the main with Jumbo Muir's comment about the best place for a curry is a Curry House.

However, I disagree that anything else invariably tastes shite, given that Mrs Thirdrock is the best home-made curry maker I know.

And well done to the Club for trying something a little different. Hope it goes well.