Sons' sorrow

Never mind the Cup draw, another key date for your diaries might be the upcoming West Dunbartonshire Council Planning Meeting to discuss Brabco's need for a new home for Dumbarton FC.

I'd be intrigued to learn just how scaled-down this project is likely to become - prepare for a CID-type one stand proposal on the Renton Road - and just where any sort of finance would be coming from.

Never mind the Cup draw, another key date for your diaries might be the upcoming West Dunbartonshire Council Planning Meeting to discuss Brabco's need for a new home for Dumbarton FC.

I'd be intrigued to learn just how scaled-down this project is likely to become - prepare for a CID-type one stand proposal on the Renton Road - and just where any sort of finance would be coming from.

I'm glad someone is keeping us in the loop.

Yes, I would too but it's weird (or deliberate) that we can't seem to view upcoming meetings. The case reference is below and I understand from a non-football source that the full council will review this application in the next month or so.

https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/uniform/dcdisplayfull.asp?vUPRN=PAN14%2F010&vPassword=&View1=View

Yes, I would too but it's weird (or deliberate) that we can't seem to view upcoming meetings. The case reference is below and I understand from a non-football source that the full council will review this application in the next month or so.

https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/uniform/dcdisplayfull.asp?vUPRN=PAN14%2F010&vPassword=&View1=View

Is it just me that finds the description of the new gaff funnier every time you read it?

Shocked about death of David Bowie. I am sure that ziggy stardust was alive and strong when sons won promotion in 1972. In fact I seem to remember Bowie on the tannoys of Scottish grounds at that time. No doubt the likes of howling wilf can give a better summary of Bowie but how about playing only Bowie tracks on the tannoy at the game on Saturday.

Shocked about death of David Bowie. I am sure that ziggy stardust was alive and strong when sons won promotion in 1972. In fact I seem to remember Bowie on the tannoys of Scottish grounds at that time. No doubt the likes of howling wilf can give a better summary of Bowie but how about playing only Bowie tracks on the tannoy at the game on Saturday.

That'll depend on whether or not Jim has any David Bowie cd's in his collection.

I just checked and whilst Ziggy Stardust was released in 1972 it wasn't until June. Kind of irrelevant in a DFC context as the pre match music in those days was often stuff like Jimmy Shand doing the bluebell polka and Calum Kennedy's rendition of the Dark Island. Sometimes they'd get really edgy and play some Val Doonican......

My favourite Bowie album was and remains Hunky Dory. Probably the most influential, innovative and original artists of the 20th century. An accolade he shares with Johnny Graham.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Whilst we're on the subject of David Bowie, have there ever been any famous Sons supporting artists? I certainly can't think of any in my lifetime.

If I had to choose any musician to accompany me on an away day it would be Peter Green. Imagine him fulla the acid stoating about Cappielow. He could make asking for a 'roll and slice' sound cool as f**k.

Whilst we're on the subject of David Bowie, have there ever been any famous Sons supporting artists? I certainly can't think of any in my lifetime.

If I had to choose any musician to accompany me on an away day it would be Peter Green. Imagine him fulla the acid stoating about Cappielow. He could make asking for a 'roll and slice' sound cool as f**k.

Not sure whether they were supporters, but High Tension at Boghead is a pretty decent record by the Supernaturals. A quick google will find that for you.

Peter Green - a legend. Seen him play more than once.

Not sure whether they were supporters, but High Tension at Boghead is a pretty decent record by the Supernaturals. A quick google will find that for you.

Peter Green - a legend. Seen him play more than once.

Aye, I know it well. I think I read somewhere that they weren't fans, I can't remember the exact reason for them choosing Boghead but I'm sure there's an article kicking about online where they explain it.

And we can all join in this mass recreational grieving. Geez peace