Sons' sorrow

Im not in favour of players coming back but understand Russell is at a standard we would want.

Seems a sons fan thing to want to resign old favourites

If he's under contract no point in even thinking about it.

We gave advantage of being pt in championship donuts be attraction to the best of those who will consider it football .

I'm sure I read somewhere on here from a Queen's fan a couple of weeks ago that Beanie is still contracted for next season.

I could be wrong, I can't remember what topic it was in...

That said, if he wasn't contracted to them next season, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

He isn't contracted for next season. Very few are. There is an assumption from some of our fans that he's looking to go part time as he recently took a job with a hair company but as far as I know that's an afternoon job he can easily fit around full time football if he wants to.

New shirt sponsor for next year maybe?

Thought that myself, shame as I like the Baxter Ramsey logo, it looks pretty smart on our kit.

Maybe it's a deal with EasyJet who will fly the Swiss Sons' over to Scotland every week. That would be good.

Thought that myself, shame as I like the Baxter Ramsey logo, it looks pretty smart on our kit.

Maybe it's a deal with EasyJet who will fly the Swiss Sons' over to Scotland every week. That would be good.

A wee bit about Total Teamware Ltd on the OS now.  Sounds like our online shop worries will be over and if Partick Thistle's TTL shop is anything to go by then we should have plenty to choose from.  Good stuff.

New home top and a "brand new look" away top.  There's just been too much excitement these last few days, I'm not sure I can cope with any more good news.

A wee bit about Total Teamware Ltd on the OS now.  Sounds like our online shop worries will be over and if Partick Thistle's TTL shop is anything to go by then we should have plenty to choose from.  Good stuff.

New home top and a "brand new look" away top.  There's just been too much excitement these last few days, I'm not sure I can cope with any more good news.

I hope the brand new away top just has a massive image of Christian Nade on it.

Aye Joma stuff is good, and TTL have done a cracking job with my teams kit so I'm quite buzzing at the thought of some new DFC branded gear.

Which reminds me, I've got a few things to pick up from them in the next few days...I'll need to do a bit of digging and see what I can find out!

He isn't contracted for next season. Very few are. There is an assumption from some of our fans that he's looking to go part time as he recently took a job with a hair company but as far as I know that's an afternoon job he can easily fit around full time football if he wants to.

Ah right, ok. I was under the impression that he was contracted for next season. Not sure where I got that from...

A hair job? Is he not a qualified surveyor or something of that nature?

Ah right, ok. I was under the impression that he was contracted for next season. Not sure where I got that from...

A hair job? Is he not a qualified surveyor or something of that nature?

He started a quantity surveying degree before he became a full time footballer. I don't think he ever finished it. He's a part time consultant with KSL Hair now.

Yet another embarassing away game defeat.

8 away goals scored all season, no away win this year - four months and counting.

Thank goodness we are safe. Stevie really needs to rethink his away game strategy - we can't keep defending in depth away from home hoping for 0-0 or to sneak a 1-0 win and hoping that our home form will save us.

There has to be some sort of balance in the season and surely it is better to lose 5-3 while goiung for it than to lose 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 with abject apologies of performances where we barely register a shot on target - one shot on target last night, which for us away from home, seems to be an improvement on the norm.

I don't want to gripe when we have just stayed up but our away strategy is simply not good enough.

Yet another embarassing away game defeat.

8 away goals scored all season, no away win this year - four months and counting.

Thank goodness we are safe. Stevie really needs to rethink his away game strategy - we can't keep defending in depth away from home hoping for 0-0 or to sneak a 1-0 win and hoping that our home form will save us.

There has to be some sort of balance in the season and surely it is better to lose 5-3 while goiung for it than to lose 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 with abject apologies of performances where we barely register a shot on target - one shot on target last night, which for us away from home, seems to be an improvement on the norm.

I don't want to gripe when we have just stayed up but our away strategy is simply not good enough.

Think you'll find your not alone and surely the Stevie's must be aware of this. Better away form = higher league position = more cash. Start by experimenting at Alloa on Sunday.

I hope there are some hard decisions already being made around next season's playing squad, and especially with regard to who is being retained.  There can be no room for misplaced sentiment.

There will though be the usual budgetary restrictions, so the trick for the Stevies will be to build a much more balanced squad than this term.  On the plus side they will surely have found this season invaluable in the learning process.

Oh, and we need to tell Stuart Millar to stop offering trials to guys who put in his double glazing, or whatever :huh: