Sons' sorrow

Doesn't matter who it is, I'd Stevie does go, I'll support them, locke done well at hearts, maybe shabbily treated, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes, and maybe he never done that great at killie, for the most part, but one bad managerial experience, doesn't make him a bad manager, I'm sure even Iain McCall has had poor times at clubs, and he's had a few. Definitely Darren young for me though,

So there's a good shout for a certain Ian Murray to return.

Why not?

Because it leaves us with no management team, 2 signed players and a bunch of other players in limbo with pre-season under 3 weeks away.  I feel we've got enough on our plate just trying to get a good squad signed up at the moment, to add in looking for a manager there makes things a hell of a lot harder for us.

There's also the question of who you replace him with if he does go, I don't know about anyone else but the names banded around for every other job at the moment are very uninspiring.

Because it leaves us with no management team, 2 signed players and a bunch of other players in limbo with pre-season under 3 weeks away.  I feel we've got enough on our plate just trying to get a good squad signed up at the moment, to add in looking for a manager there makes things a hell of a lot harder for us.

There's also the question of who you replace him with if he does go, I don't know about anyone else but the names banded around for every other job at the moment are very uninspiring.

I think the "this better not happen" was in relation to my suggestion of Ian Murray as a replacement if Stevie Aitken goes.

I think the "this better not happen" was in relation to my suggestion of Ian Murray as a replacement if Stevie Aitken goes.

Aye, unless he's found a competent assistant, it's a big no from me. We were dire in that last season with him.

In saying that, alongside someone decent then he might be ok...I guess...

The managerial merrygoround of Scottish football pisses me off. Hate seeing dross like Dick Campbell and Sandy Clark walking into yet another league club. I much prefer when teams take a chance on newly qualified coaches, guys who've been successful in managing non-league clubs or managers from outside the Scottish managerial fishbowl.

The managerial merrygoround of Scottish football pisses me off. Hate seeing dross like Dick Campbell and Sandy Clark walking into yet another league club. I much prefer when teams take a chance on newly qualified coaches, guys who've been successful in managing non-league clubs or managers from outside the Scottish managerial fishbowl.

Barry Robson seems like a bit of a psycho. In a friendly, gain your trust, get invited into your home, massacre your family kind of way.

I'd like him based on that.

Aye, unless he's found a competent assistant, it's a big no from me. We were dire in that last season with him.

In saying that, alongside someone decent then he might be ok...I guess...

Don't follow this - Murray finished 7th, 5th then 7th in his 3 seasons Aitken managed 8th yet we wouldn't consider taking Murray back.  What's all this about assistant manager - is the suggestion that Jack Ross was somehow the mastermind behind the scenes????

Don't follow this - Murray finished 7th, 5th then 7th in his 3 seasons Aitken managed 8th yet we wouldn't consider taking Murray back.  What's all this about assistant manager - is the suggestion that Jack Ross was somehow the mastermind behind the scenes????

Yes.

Look at the football we played in 2013/14. It was scintillating, goals everywhere and proper attack.

Jack Ross left and we were dross. In 2014/15 we scored less than we managed this season, conceded more and ended up with less points unsurprisingly. Were you genuinely saddened to see Murray go? I wasn't. It looked the perfect case of thanks very much for all your great work Ian, but it's time for both of us to move on.

Muzz also doesn't have many contacts.

Yes.

Look at the football we played in 2013/14. It was scintillating, goals everywhere and proper attack.

Jack Ross left and we were dross. In 2014/15 we scored less than we managed this season, conceded more and ended up with less points unsurprisingly. Were you genuinely saddened to see Murray go? I wasn't. It looked the perfect case of thanks very much for all your great work Ian, but it's time for both of us to move on.

Muzz also doesn't have many contacts.

Your entitled to your opinion on Murray and Ross but its just that, there is no proof that Ross was some sort of mastermind - in fact going on his brief time as our interim manager (which was woeful) and his time at Alloa there is little to support that. 

Murray kept us in the league 3 seasons running (all fairly comfortably) so if Aitken was to go he would be an ideal replacement.

Your entitled to your opinion on Murray and Ross but its just that, there is no proof that Ross was some sort of mastermind - in fact going on his brief time as our interim manager (which was woeful) and his time at Alloa there is little to support that. 

Murray kept us in the league 3 seasons running (all fairly comfortably) so if Aitken was to go he would be an ideal replacement.

Speaking purely as a fan the football was nowhere near as good under just Murray as it was under the two of them. That's completely undeniable and not my opinion. I've no idea what went on in the summer that Ross left, but something pretty major changed and that was clear to everyone from the start of that season.

Ross might be a poor manager, but that doesn't make him a poor assistant. In the same way as being a good coach doesn't always translate into being a good manager, they are very different roles. FWIW I think Jack's done fine considering the pretty useless squad he was handed by Lennon. His big test will be next season.

I don't know if you have, or if you know them or whatever, but I've never spoken to a player who played with us at that time that didn't get on with Jack Ross...the same cannot be said of Ian Murray. It was the same when I was over at Ralston with St Mirren, although nobody addressed it directly it wasn't hard to see why Rae was succeeding where Murray wasn't.

Murray brought a professionalism to the club that had never previously been there. That's now instilled in the club, and that's why he failed at St Mirren. Because that professionalism - acting like a full-time club who train twice a week - doesn't work where it already exists.

Like I said, he's more appealing than Gary Locke or other continual failures. But I don't think he's right for us anymore. 

It should be also be mentioned that Murray hardly left on the most humble of terms.  I'd be surprised if either party were looking to rekindle that relationship.

Anyway, the club haven't even acknowledged that Aitken's been given permission to speak to them so until then I'll hold off on any future manager speculation and focus on making up transfer targets.