Sons' sorrow

All the players we are after are free agents. The problem is we have no money to sign them, wage budget is gone.

Probably shouldnt have wasted a chunk of money on Stevo.

However looking at the wider picture i reckon GL's passing has had something to do with us suddenly having no budget, it would appear we are seriously curtailed in our finances a lot more than a few thousand quid.I dont want to speculate but he may have been our sugar daddy in some way which is how we could afford players like Kane.Either way we just have to get on with what we have and make the most of a tough situation.

However looking at the wider picture i reckon GL's passing has had something to do with us suddenly having no budget, it would appear we are seriously curtailed in our finances a lot more than a few thousand quid.I dont want to speculate but he may have been our sugar daddy in some way which is how we could afford players like Kane.Either way we just have to get on with what we have and make the most of a tough situation.

Kane was a youth player who hadn't yet made a first team appearance for one of the smallest, least moneyed teams in the top flight. How exactly would we have needed a "sugar daddy" to sign him on loan as we did?

We have a decent 11, but the depth after that is pish.

Only been to one game, Thomson looks the bollocks. Stevenson covered more grass than I expected and puts in a cracking ball.

Hoping we get another 4 bodies minimum whether that's 2 loan and 2 signed I don't know. Slightly worried now incase we have wasted the budget on big wages.

Cant answer you directly SP as i dont have hard figures.......but from Saints end it came out that his wages were being paid mostly by a third party.If you remember at the time IM congratulated the board for funding CK's return.So it wasnt paltry amounts that we are talking about as far as i understand.Many full time clubs were surprised at how we could almost outbid them for some players and yet now after GL's tragic passing we are being outbid by Alloa and Stranraer.....

This is really starting a to worry me, can someone explain why our budget has Been spanked?, or have our club ran out of patience with Stevie after last season and are refusing to back him,, or is this all to do with our expected flitting?

I would say it is related to the flitting in one way or another. I think the brabco investors are getting agitated about their money and are quite keen to see a return on their investment.

I'm not too sure how Brabco team budgets have worked the last few years but clearly the success we have had something has worked. Some of it may have been down to luck but someone was putting money in somewhere.

I think that our bubble must have burst now and perhaps Ginge is asking himself how he didn't stay at Stranraer as they appear to be spending more than us now. Could it be we swap places with them this year.

Of course maybe I'm being a little bit pessimistic with those thoughts but I am very concerned. It was good while it lasted but was never going to last forever.

7 hours ago, optimistic said:

This is really starting a to worry me, can someone explain why our budget has Been spanked?, or have our club ran out of patience with Stevie after last season and are refusing to back him,, or is this all to do with our expected flitting?

'Cos Rangers aren't in the league any more, innit?  The lack of the Blue Pound leads to our #Armageddon

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

'Cos Rangers aren't in the league any more, innit?  The lack of the Blue Pound leads to our #Armageddon

It's probably an even better league this year, and we'll probably get even more money through the away gate this year, so I doubt that's it.

People are over reacting. Stevie doesn't want to waste our budget on bringing in the wrong players. Our budget has been decreased but I doubt it's been decreased massively, it probably reverted to normal after a slight increase (and overspend) last season. Stevie has said that he still has money to work with and he said we offered Nade the same amount as last season.

7 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

I would say it is related to the flitting in one way or another. I think the brabco investors are getting agitated about their money and are quite keen to see a return on their investment.

I'm not too sure how Brabco team budgets have worked the last few years but clearly the success we have had something has worked. Some of it may have been down to luck but someone was putting money in somewhere.

I think that our bubble must have burst now and perhaps Ginge is asking himself how he didn't stay at Stranraer as they appear to be spending more than us now. Could it be we swap places with them this year.

Of course maybe I'm being a little bit pessimistic with those thoughts but I am very concerned. It was good while it lasted but was never going to last forever.

Brabco haven't put a penny towards the team since they've been in charge. Massive over reaction here before a competitive ball has been kicked. 

9 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

The reason we have a tough situation is simple, the budget was overspent last year and that ate into this years.

Let's say something like this. It's completely reduced and simplified because I'm useless at maths. Last season Stevie had £1000 a week to spend on squad wages, in order to bring in Nade and Heffernan and the like he borrowed an extra £150 each week from this season's budget. Therefore our budget this year is down to £850 per week for wages.

It's not the loss of a sugar daddy, it's not a financial crisis, it's not the loss of the 'blue pound', it's just budgeting like we'd all do at home. That's certainly how I understand it anyway.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Dont say anything to Annan mind

I'll just introduce him to everyone as 'Trialist', they don't need to ever know.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

For anyone interested The New Saints game against APOEL is on S4C tonight. You can get it on Virgin I'm sure, so probably Sky too and stream it online if you fancy seeing what the standard is like and, of course, how Routledge and The Mantis get on.

For anyone interested The New Saints game against APOEL is on S4C tonight. You can get it on Virgin I'm sure, so probably Sky too and stream it online if you fancy seeing what the standard is like and, of course, how Routledge and The Mantis get on.

Actually clocked that myself. I've been swatching their last 2 squads and notice Mantis hasn't featured and Routledge has completed the 90 twice.

As for the rest of you, settle right doon and just look forward to being the first away fans to witness the human bridie this saturday.