Sons' sorrow

What's Tom Walsh like? Think we're trying to sign him on loan. That'll be two former Dumbarton folk this summer - it's like Murray is back...

He's a winger who can play on either side and is entirely two footed. He's not slow but hardly fast for a winger. He has a wonderful first touch, his dribbling and skill is impressive too. His chances to impress with us were limited last season because of how defensive we were but I think he'd do very well for St Mirren. He's a similar player to Barrie McKay and if he fulfills his potential he could be just as good.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Josh Todd has agreed to play as an amateur so there is no fee involved

Where d'you see that? Pretty fantastic on his side if it's the case, although I really do feel for him being held up like this.

Never mind, got it Clicky

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

What's Tom Walsh like? Think we're trying to sign him on loan. That'll be two former Dumbarton folk this summer - it's like Murray is back...

He's a decent player who I think - perhaps like McKay - would excel in a better team than us last season. He's got two wonderful feet, I don't think he has a strongest or a weakest and he can take corners with both, and is capable of some real quality on the ball. He only really showed us that side to his game towards the end of his spell with us after a disappointing start, when the team aren't playing well neither will he, but when the are he'll be a joy to watch - he's that sort of player as most wingers are.

He's unlike most wingers I've seen though in the way he plays. He certainly isn't a hit the byline type, nor is he a tricky cut inside type, at times he's almost more like a wide midfielder than a winger. He'd quite often cross from deep positions or cut inside and try a crossfield or diagonal ball.

I like the look of your team this year, and I like Alex Rae a lot, so I reckon he could be a very decent addition, especially with John Sutton to aim for in the box and smarter players to play alongside.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

He's a decent player who I think - perhaps like McKay - would excel in a better team than us last season. He's got two wonderful feet, I don't think he has a strongest or a weakest and he can take corners with both, and is capable of some real quality on the ball. He only really showed us that side to his game towards the end of his spell with us after a disappointing start, when the team aren't playing well neither will he, but when the are he'll be a joy to watch - he's that sort of player as most wingers are.

He's unlike most wingers I've seen though in the way he plays. He certainly isn't a hit the byline type, nor is he a tricky cut inside type, at times he's almost more like a wide midfielder than a winger. He'd quite often cross from deep positions or cut inside and try a crossfield or diagonal ball.

I like the look of your team this year, and I like Alex Rae a lot, so I reckon he could be a very decent addition, especially with John Sutton to aim for in the box and smarter players to play alongside.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/annan-striker-josh-todd-joins-dumbarton-as-an-amateur-1-4179183