Sons' sorrow

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Lindsay was one of a number of key players for us last term but loans are just that, and seldom repeated.

I've no doubt the Stevie's are trying very hard right now but we're maybe not the easiest sell.

Are we not? We've found it fairly easy selling the club to players in the last 4 years in this division, what's changed?  We're still a good place for loans to come and get game time and we can surely point to the players who have come to us and then progressed their careers. We're playing in the second tier against good sides and travelling to big clubs nearly every second week, we surely can't be that hard a sell?

Are we not? We've found it fairly easy selling the club to players in the last 4 years in this division, what's changed?  We're still a good place for loans to come and get game time and we can surely point to the players who have come to us and then progressed their careers. We're playing in the second tier against good sides and travelling to big clubs nearly every second week, we surely can't be that hard a sell?

I imagine clubs/players may be looking from the outside at our results in the cup and having us as certs for relegation. The clubs probably don't want their players progression perhaps being stalled by playing in a relegation-bound team (not that I think we are).
However, Lindsay going to Morton is annoying because I don't think they have a particularly good squad and could easily see them struggling themselves.

21 minutes ago, bigmacDFC said:

I imagine clubs/players may be looking from the outside at our results in the cup and having us as certs for relegation. The clubs probably don't want their players progression perhaps being stalled by playing in a relegation-bound team (not that I think we are).
However, Lindsay going to Morton is annoying because I don't think they have a particularly good squad and could easily see them struggling themselves.

We've built an excellent defence and have a fully fit Michael Tidser controlling matches from the centre of the park. We'll be doing no such thing. 

30 minutes ago, bigmacDFC said:

Surely we've been looked at as relegation favourites just about every year though?  I don't see too much that has changed in that respect, if anything we should have more clout having established ourselves in this division now.  If we're struggling to sell ourselves at this point in time then perhaps relegation is a certainty.

44 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely we've been looked at as relegation favourites just about every year though?  I don't see too much that has changed in that respect, if anything we should have more clout having established ourselves in this division now.  If we're struggling to sell ourselves at this point in time then perhaps relegation is a certainty.

Dumbarton have by far the weakest team in the division. Not a single Dumbarton player would get in to the next weakest team (Ayr United) starting 11. The signing of Gary Harkins for the 'Super' will further strengthen this point.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Dumbarton have by far the weakest team in the division. Not a single Dumbarton player would get in to the next weakest team (Ayr United) starting 11. The signing of Gary Harkins for the 'Super' will further strengthen this point.

Ok.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You've gone full VikingTon with that one.

Never go full VikingTon

Jesus f**k, you must be sweating you're trying so hard :lol:

Cringe.

4 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Gregor Buchanan, Ryan Stevenson, Josh Todd, Andy Stirling and Robert Thomson would breeze into your team.

Gregor Buchanan- Wouldn't get in ahead of Meggat and Murphy. No chance. would be decent back up though.

Ryan Stevenson- Didn't get in to our starting 11 last year so why would that change this year.

Josh Todd- Hes a winger, yes? We are weak on wingers so he would maybe get a chance however the fact we had him or trial and didn't pursue him tells me that McCall wasn't particularly keen.

Robert Thomson- We are likely to play Craig Moore upfront himself this season. Would he get in ahead of him? No.

Gregor Buchanan- Wouldn't get in ahead of Meggat and Murphy. No chance. would be decent back up though.

Ryan Stevenson- Didn't get in to our starting 11 last year so why would that change this year.

Josh Todd- Hes a winger, yes? We are weak on wingers so he would maybe get a chance however the fact we had him or trial and didn't pursue him tells me that McCall wasn't particularly keen.

Robert Thomson- We are likely to play Craig Moore upfront himself this season. Would he get in ahead of him? No.

f**k it, just pap us into 10th the now.

Lest we forget that Nicky Devlin was pish at this level with us. Paddy Boyle was also pish at this level.

It's been so long since you were up here you assume decent League 1 players are good enough for this level.

Buchanan would be in before Murphy

Stevenson has looked very fit recently and controlled the first half v Dundee until he got a knock

In hindsight Todd still needs to prove himself

Stirling would be in, don't you need a winger?

Thomson would rotate with Moore although I think they would make a very good combo

Dumbarton have by far the weakest team in the division. Not a single Dumbarton player would get in to the next weakest team (Ayr United) starting 11.

The signing of Gary Harkins for the 'Super' will further strengthen this point.

As ludicrous as your first comment is, with regards Gary Harkins, you could be right.

He is, or was at least, a cracking player. Although, it does sound as if it could be the same type of signing as us signing Stevo...

And even if Ayr's squad does have some better quality than ours, I'd expect it to with the money you'll be paying folk like Harkins.