Sons' sorrow

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Murdoch is a defensive midfielder is he not? I'm not sure that would be the best use of the little we have left, we already have Gallagher, JT and Barr to play in there with others able to cover when needed.

Didn't he play RB for a while at Queens? Pretty sure he played there vs us in the 6-0...

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Murdoch is a defensive midfielder is he not? I'm not sure that would be the best use of the little we have left, we already have Gallagher, JT and Barr to play in there with others able to cover when needed.

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Didn't he play RB for a while at Queens? Pretty sure he played there vs us in the 6-0...

Wouldn't have said he was a defensive midfielder. Played an attacking midfield playmaker role really but he didn't get that much of a look in with us and he did probably spend more time covering right back when we needed someone there than in his chosen position. He did ok at it but I wouldn't say he had natural defensive tendencies. His use of the ball from out wide in the sort of wingback role was good though.

Wasn't a bad player at all though. I had heard he was looking for a club down South but maybe he's been unable to find one.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Think you're right actually.

In ye come Andy

If he is able to play there comfortably then he ticks the boxes for the kind of player Stevie looks for? As I type this we hear he is more of an attacking player... ^

Even better. In ye come indeed!

Just now, The Moonster said:

Any idea who the "others" are?

Tony Wallace is one, think there's a few other lower league guys I've seen them tweet but I've no idea of most.

Incidentally Alan Martin has the same agent/agent company as Chris Smalling, Ryan Mason and Tom Heaton apparently 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/world-in-motion/beraterfirma/berater/1061

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"Hit a snag" suggests to me the deal might not be dead with regards to Stanton, but we'll see.

Could be a case of who blinks first. Hibs holding out for a deal that suits them, but not wanting to keep him in their squad if he won't be playing. Patience could well be the key here...

Gutted that after all the Hibernisons love they aren't just giving us him for free to be honest.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

"Dumbarton manager Stevie Aitken has slapped a £5m price tag on wantaway star Grant Gallagher after the Morton target DEMANDED a transfer on Monday evening" 

IMO

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good addition. Powerful though and not suitable in all cases.

I thought it was tabloids? The guy doesn't even have to be on the move.