NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Rex is fantastic.

I know they strenuously deny it on NFL Network, and I want to believe them, but I felt like Mayock was tipping the picks a bit last night. I know he has strong links to the Giants and all but predicting Justin Pugh seemed a bit farfetched.

More blatantly, when they knew the Bills were taking a QB and discussing the options, Manuel wasn't tipped once until the second before they cut to Goodell at the podium at which point the great man popped up with 'this could be E.J. Manuel'.

Looking increasingly likely we're trading up for a QB. Very poor decision. That would mean 0 major needs addressed with the first 3 picks and even more money tied to a mediocre QB.

Can they really trot out Mark Sanchez again though? Or even worse, David Garrard. How can fans get really enthusiastic about that.

That said, I'd worry that it's Ryan Nassib. I like him a bit, and it's not that the moribund Bills preferred someone else, it's that they know his strengths and weaknesses better than he does himself.

But I think he could be the pick up. The Jet fans would torch RCMH if they took another USC QB and I think Geno is a lock to go to Philly. Bray? You can probably get him in the third or trade back into the second if you feel you have to.

This is all moot anyway as whoever is the QB will be throwing to Stephen Hill, Jeff Cumberland et al.

Edited by Pride_of_the_Clyde

Can they really trot out Mark Sanchez again though? Or even worse, David Garrard. How can fans get really enthusiastic about that.

That said, I'd worry that it's Ryan Nassib. I like him a bit, and it's not that the moribund Bills preferred someone else, it's that they know his strengths and weaknesses better than he does himself.

But I think he could be the pick up. The Jet fans would torch RCMH if they took another USC QB and I think Geno is a lock to go to Philly. Bray? You can probably get him in the third or trade back into the second if you feel you have to.

This is all moot anyway as whoever is the QB will be throwing to Stephen Hill, Jeff Cumberland et al.

Who cares what the fans want, they're never going to be happy anyway. Delayed gratification is the name of the game.

What time does it start tonight? Got signed up for the NFL game pass so will watch it live tonight . I sky + it last night and had a day off today so watched the draft then Remember the Titans (had never seen it before)

Gutted it is still over 4 months until the season starts!

What time does it start tonight? Got signed up for the NFL game pass so will watch it live tonight . I sky + it last night and had a day off today so watched the draft then Remember the Titans (had never seen it before)Gutted it is still over 4 months until the season starts!

How did you enjoy Remember the Titans?

How did you enjoy Remember the Titans?

Yeah it was good. not that much football in it really but a good film. All in all a decent day of TV action and sitting with a coffee at the moment as Inolan to make at least the first 10 drafts tonight (will go longer if I can)