NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Leon Washington could be a shout aswell. Not a bad running back and a pretty good kick returner. Michael Turner is also available.

There are also murmurings of a certain Mr Brandon Jacobs coming back!

I'd take Washington I guess but I don't know if he's the kind of back we need, is he going to smash through in the goal-line plays the way Brown would? Turner would fit that mold well but for that type of player I imagine he might command a larger fee than they're willing to pay. Wouldn't touch Jacobs, he was done years ago.

Ravens +8.5 seems a great bet

Yep, got that on my coupon for this week :)

We should have beaten the Ravens the last time we played. If Rahim Moore had just done his job, broken up the play, game over, Denver in the Superbowl.

Yes, I still haven't got over it!

Broncos I think are stronger, although we will miss Von Miller. I am looking forward to watching our offense this year though. If we can establish a semi decent running game, to disguise the fact that we will throw on almost every down, then there could be big scores.

Can't wait to get started.

No Champ Bailey either tho mate

Even at 8.5 points of a start I'm backing Denver to rack up the early scores and beat the spread. Denver by 10

Pfft bold prediction, missing two of their defensive playmakers, I dont think they'll make it by that much. Baltimore haven't turned into the Raiders during the off season, they're still 75% of the most recent Superbowl winning team

Pfft bold prediction, missing two of their defensive playmakers, I dont think they'll make it by that much. Baltimore haven't turned into the Raiders during the off season, they're still 75% of the most recent Superbowl winning team

I expect the Ravens to rely heavily on Ray Rice.....which isn't a bad thing

In other positive developments, the NBC sunday night football song (aka best thing ever) is now being sung by Carrie Underwood (Tony Romo's old flame), and is rather nice looking too...

How did I do here? Had first pick in a 12 team standard league. Haven't changed the starting line-up yet so in no particular order. All abuse will be taken on board :P

Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson and Ridley is superb,not a big fan of the current WRs as i think Austin has been overhyped, and Wallace hasn't really done anything. I also picked Ingram and Miles Austin so i support those selection.

What fantasy is that?

6cpJGv5.jpg

How did I do here? Had first pick in a 12 team standard league. Haven't changed the starting line-up yet so in no particular order. All abuse will be taken on board :P

How the hell did Brees & Ridley fall to 32 & 33? I call bullshit. Either that or you were drafting with idiots.

You're WRs are ridiculously poor however. I'sdhave Miles Austin in over Tayvon.

First 3 picks, awesome. Afterwards, meh.

Posted Image

Don't think Montee Ball will score you much. Pretty solid team you've got tho

In other positive developments, the NBC sunday night football song (aka best thing ever) is now being sung by Carrie Underwood (Tony Romo's old flame), and is rather nice looking too...

Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson and Ridley is superb,not a big fan of the current WRs as i think Austin has been overhyped, and Wallace hasn't really done anything. I also picked Ingram and Miles Austin so i support those selection.

What fantasy is that?

How the hell did Brees & Ridley fall to 32 & 33? I call bullshit. Either that or you were drafting with idiots.

You're WRs are ridiculously poor however. I'sdhave Miles Austin in over Tayvon.

First 3 picks, awesome. Afterwards, meh.

After the top 7/8 RBs went most of my mates went for WRs, there were none of the big names left by the time it came back to me so I went with Ridley. Brees was then left at the top of the rankings and I couldn't resist :lol:

All the teams in our league seem to be incredibly balanced. Was mainly using ESPN Insider to help me along the way as I'm still not as knowledgeable as most of my mates, or the vast majority of you on here, when it comes to the NFL. But last year I finished dead last in fantasy, so hopefully it can't happen again this year!

Don't think Montee Ball will score you much. Pretty solid team you've got tho

Had been reading good things about him but then seen today he is behind Hillman in the depth charts. Still think he'll move ahead in a few weeks though, so hopefully that gamble will pay off.

Can't wait for it to all kick off tomorrow, definitely going to be late for work on Friday.

Had been reading good things about him but then seen today he is behind Hillman in the depth charts. Still think he'll move ahead in a few weeks though, so hopefully that gamble will pay off.

Can't wait for it to all kick off tomorrow, definitely going to be late for work on Friday.

Who is your team Dave?

Heard about the first two but neither of those really interest me, if Dwyer isnt good enough for the Steelers with their shitty run game just now why would he be good enough to replace Andre Brown? McGahee is the only solid RB option out there but since they havent spoken to him I assume he/they arent interested :(

McGahee isn't physically fit to sign for anyone just now, he is working towards being fit by week 3/4. Would be a great signing otherwise so long as he can keep the rock off the ground.

I can't have the Broncos tomorrow night.

Just to win the game?

Ravens +8.5 seems a great bet

This at least has a bit of sense in it, however with how stacked we are on O we only need to stop them a couple of times to cover.

No Champ Bailey either tho mate

No Champ would usually be a worry, however I really believe that we are the most stacked team at CB in the league. Champ, Harris, DRC, Carter, Webster and Jammer. Our bottom 3 from 6 could be a starting CB stable in the league.

In other news I had a decent sized bet on Any Other Denver Bronco to score the first TD in this game at 16/1 with William Hill when they didn't include Julius Thomas, Moreno, Holiday, Green or the Denver D in the betting. So got all 5 of them for a combined 16/1 when it should have been about a combined 9/4 shot. Worth keeping an eye on Sundays games to see if they screw up again.

Which teams that are expected to do well will flop? Who will exceed expectations?

I will take the chiefs to do well and the patriots to disappoint.

If you want to go ahead I'm happy to meet you for a fight.

In all seriousness though I can't see patriots failing to make the post season - altho that is as much a reflection on afc east. If Gronk and amendola stay (get) healthy Brady has plenty weapons and Ridley will have a big year. Still got big concerns about or deep coverage,the pass coverage especially at cornerback was a disgrace last year which we generally mitigate by keeping the O on the field but is still.a worry.

The last 6 months I have been quite down on the pats but I'm more confident as we get closer. BB is someone I trust to find solutions no matter who the personnel are.